2GB Ram in a 12", is this possible?

M

Mike Rushane

Although it may be considered overkill by most, I've got a major reason for wanting to do this (video editing on a very portable, low battery power apple that will often have to be recharged using solar power). Could somebody with a little more Mac know-how tell me if this is a mistake, or if it is possible to install 2GB into a 12" . I understand that 1.25GB is the max for the 12" PB. Anyways, check out this site, let me know what you think...

http://www.ramjet.com/pbg4.asp

Near the bottom, a red hyperlink, it says somthing along the lines of "2Gig Kit for Powerbook" and it lists the 12" as being included.

Thanks...

(ps. - I know it's bad protocol to use your real name as a user name, is it possible to change this without creating a new account?)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Nope you can't use the two gb kit

The 12" comes with 256 soldered onto the mobo which you can't mess with
There is only 1 dimm available and the 2gb kit is actually 2 1gb sticks so they made a mistake by saying you could use it with the 12"

I don't think you can change your user name but its not that big of a deal on this site. i think there are a few others who have done it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.