Wacoms drivers?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Edit : - Just had the reply. No deal available and an understanding why I will be getting another brand.. I can't understand why they would want to loose such a valuable customer?

Looks like the price of wine has gone up John. Time to move on and forget Wacom. By the way, you're not the only one disappointed with their support, you can read the many complaints across the net about Wacom. Reminds me of Intuit. (Bad wine.)

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
I have realised that Chas. Oh, by the way, who's wack-em?

Just waiting to hear from Huion at the moment. I am not sure if the people who will be coming back with the info will be from China or the west of your pad? If it's the latter then that's Pacific Standard time and 10 hours behind us. Then perhaps I will find out if it works with Sierra?

I have to admit that I find it bizzare that all they say is it works from OS X 10. 8 onwards? So does the one I have now, but not forever onwards, and just how far does it reach before falling on what a lot of politicians talk out of?

So come on Huion, GYFO :Confused::Confused:

I also have to admit that I am very surprised that nobody on the forum has any real ideas? I would have thought that there would have been loads of folk who knew more than the producers? There normally is? Perhaps it's my time to lead the field, there's a first for everything? (dream on JJ :'(:'( )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Perhaps it's my time to lead the field, there's a first for everything? (dream on JJ :'(:'( )
I'd volunteer to lead the way but SWMBO says I have no sense of direction and no idea where I'm going. Now if you guys don't mind that kind of leadership I'm up for the job. :Mischievous:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'd volunteer to lead the way but SWMBO says I have no sense of direction and no idea where I'm going. Now if you guys don't mind that kind of leadership I'm up for the job. :Mischievous:

Might be an improvement over what's going on in Washington DC nowadays. LOL. Hey Sly, you have my vote! :)

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
SWMBO says my skills are needed here and I'm irreplaceable where I am. At least that's what I heard between the words unmitigated disaster, epic failure, etc.That's my story anyway.

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
@John

John, have you seen or checked out any of these Iskn products I just came across??

http://www.iskn.co

http://support.iskn.co/hc/en-us

They seem to be stating recent OS X versions support.- Patrick======

Blimey Patrick :Confused: that is made in France :Confused: and it's quite modern tech :Confused: ?? I'd better not pull too many legs here or i'll get into trouble :Mischievous::Mischievous:

That looks very interesting! I wonder if it works with a pyrography pen like the one I have? :Mischievous:

But seriously, for once, it looks like a very interesting bit of kit and ta for the link. I will have to contact them and find out how it works as a normal graphics tablet as well? Out neighbours daughter is at university in Grenbole at the moment. I will have to tell her about it.

SD said " I'd volunteer to lead the way but SWMBO says I have no sense of direction and no idea where I'm going. Now if you guys don't mind that kind of leadership I'm up for the job. "

You could always get a compass?

From Chas " Might be an improvement over what's going on in Washington DC nowadays. LOL. Hey Sly, you have my vote! "

At least you'd be able to go round in circles :Confused: If you remember to put the pencil in it?

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well, it looks as if I have been provided with the ware-with-all to get a tablet that works with Sierra at last? French too!! Nice to buy from home!

I don't care what they say Patrick, I think that you are a gentleman ?

Edit : - OK, you lot cost me money!! It should be here by the end of the week. After all it's all of 450km/273 miles and no borders :Cool: :Cool:

I went onto their chat line and got answers mithin a few minutes. I still haven't heard back from Huion though? That made me wonder?

Edit again!! : - Me and my memory, but my brain cell has been very busy?

At the moment the Slate 2, Slate 1 has been suerseeded by it, doesn't operate by bluetooth with OS X, only with IOS, but they are working on that and it should be a firmware fix to do so. So when that happens I should be able to upgrade the firmware to enable it. The lass on the chat line said that any upgrades to the firmware will be included. Not a bad service if that's so?

Last edited:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't care what they say Patrick, I think that you are a gentleman ?

Be careful with those compliments John. Not sure we can send a 10 gallon hat to Brentwood Bay, BC, Canada.... :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks anyway John, and just for the record for chscag, for hat wearers, we tend to wear Tilly hats here.

I'm not sure if they're available to you folks or not, but they should be available to ship across the boarder, at least for now. :Blushing:
https://www.tilley.com/ca_en/

- Patrick
======

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Be careful with those compliments John. Not sure we can send a 10 gallon hat to Brentwood Bay, BC, Canada.... :p
Nothing against our Canadian buddies but are we even allowed to export those hats anywhere near that far north?:Confused::Mischievous:

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Never mind all yer 'over the pond' brain cell protectors, I have a proper hat

https://www.akubra.com.au/

Made from wild rabbit fur and fantastic in all weathers :Cool::Cool:

Mind you if I were a rabbit and someone stripped the fur off me I would be much more than wild! I would be really annoyed :(:(

Oh, and being a gentleman, I can recognise the likeness ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So said Jonzjob:
But seriously, for once, it looks like a very interesting bit of kit and ta for the link. I will have to contact them and find out how it works as a normal graphics tablet as well?

Besides all the hat stuff, I hope and expect a personal review of your slate and any following updates John.

Note: For some reason I'm hoping it works better than your unsupported Wacom unit!! :Mischievous:

- Patrick
======

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, it can't be any worse Patrick with hte attitude of stay with the OS I have and let it get unsupported, or lash out and buy another of theirs ----- until that goes out of date that is?

It should arrive by courier tomorrow, but I hope that it's in the morning because we are off out to the 3rd age club lunch in our village and that goes on for a while normally! LOTS of wine too if I can get it passed SWMBO;D;D

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, it arrived with a signature delivery that happened when we were out at the lunch for our village 3rd Age Club? It was in our post box when we got home late afternoon? Who signed? Not me.

On opening it looks very good, nicely made and a goody. All of the software was installed as per the instructions and the 'Imagink application seemed OK, but will probaly be a steep learing curve for someone wot draws as bad as I do?

So, on to the graphics bit. All set up as per the sketchy instructions, but can I get it to operate? Can I as ****! So onto the Iskn chat line again with the detail of what I can't do, and wait, and wait, and wait. They operate on buisness days and as I haven't had reply today it looks as if the earliest is now Monday.

Since starting with this I have also had 3 times where I have had to do a power button kill to the iMac. The cursor would move with the mouse, but no response to clicks or keyboard presses. It all rebooted OK, but it's a bit drastic to chop it like that?

So, something that I was so enthusiastic about seems to have come to a grinding halt. I was so very chuffed that not only did it appear to do all I wanted, but it is also a French company doing it. It may well change when I eventually get a response, I will let you know!

So I have started yet again to look at the other possible pen tablets and to try to find one that states that it will operate with Sierra? Once again, can I as **** find one? No. So if anyone has any ideas then please send them to me written on the back of a 50€ note.

Well, you got to laugh ain't you! It's me bed time now after a lousy night last night. See ya on the morn..

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It was in our post box when we got home late afternoon? Who signed? Not me.
That sounds familiar. We have the same problem here. Several times now we've had some delivery or another left at the front door despite the fact there was a car in the driveway, Driver didn't even bother to knock.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Several times now we've had some delivery or another left at the front door despite the fact there was a car in the driveway, Driver didn't even bother to knock.

Talk to a UPS or FedEx driver sometime and ask them how they get paid.... HINT: They are required to deliver everything that's been designated for that day and area as their job depends on it. ;) That's why they're always in a hurry.

UPS used to have two people in their delivery trucks, one to drive, the other to sort and separate the packages. Now they only use one poor guy or gal that has to do everything. The hourly wage is good, but they have to bust their backsides to earn it.

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Our post boxes are locked and only the resident annd the postie have keys. Well, that's what I used to think along with a lot more people.

Our next door neighbour lost her one key and I had a look on line and found that you can but the master for about 8€ !! I also found out how to make my own. All I needed was a post box key and 5 minutes and now I too have one. So much for security and now themitry of how that neighbours box has been found open a couple of times. Hint : we have one VERY nasty bully of a neighbour!

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Last night I was browsing through the graphic tablets to try again to see if there was one that did what I want and I could afford. I came across a thread on another forum that was talking about Wacom and Sierra. I read a bit and there was mention about an unsupported tablet that worked on a very down level driver. It's one that I hadn't tried because I gave up before I got that far down. So, this afternoon I booted up Sierra from an external HDD and downloaded it, opened and installed it. Then a restart and hey presto!! It works as a pen, but unfortunately not the mouse.

The mouse isn't so important as we have a good bluetooth mouse that SWMBO can use, Logitech M555b. So. I will see about returning the Iskn Slate, I have 14 days from receipt to do so. It's a shame that 1) I couldn't get it working as I need and 2) I would have loved to have another bit of French kit and have bought local and 3) that they were unable to get back to me the same day, Friday. That has left me Friday and the weekend wondering what have I been doing wrong. A very frustrating situation.

As they say here "say-la-flamin-vee. And you never know, I may just find a driver that works both the pen and mouse. Ta for all of the help given folks.. I'll keep you posted.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Then a restart and hey presto!! It works as a pen, but unfortunately not the mouse.

Well, at least that's 50% improvement.

And maybe the French firm guys will give you a call on Monday or so and maybe even get their slate going for you.

- Patrick
======

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.