iPad mini club.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Never heard or seen this movie. Is it anything like Fast and the Furious but at 55mph? :p

Over 55mph and thats in a Semi with Trailer

You and I both! I don't even know what this "1981" is, haha.

Let's just put it this way - if you believe Orwell was right in his prophecy, I was born into the world of Big Brother. ;)

Ahh, younglings. ;) You guys really should see the Cannonball Run movies. There's the original and a sequel.

I agree MYmacROX. There are plenty of those sort of movies that the younglings could get a hold of, watch and enjoy. To add to the mix, Smokey and the Bandit I & II. If you younger gents watched them, (and i highly suggest you find a way too) you will see what ghreat classics they are, and they will never get old. My little 9yr old boy absolutely adores Smokey and the Bandit and how he gives it to the State Troopers (Smokey ~ Sheriff Buford T. Justice). I'll also add Flying High. They never get old :)

Now back on thread . . . .

CR i am joing the club with a 32GB white iPad Mini will grace my hands next Tuesday :) Cant wait.
My Thread

Looking for a ruff, tuff and tumble case so can still be used one handed and i think i might have found one i like, but not the colour :(

Survivor military-duty case for iPad mini | Griffin Technology

Any time with these cases in iPhone/iPad/Mini ??

OP
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Over 55mph and thats in a Semi with Trailer

I agree MYmacROX. There are plenty of those sort of movies that the younglings could get a hold of, watch and enjoy. To add to the mix, Smokey and the Bandit I & II. If you younger gents watched them, (and i highly suggest you find a way too) you will see what ghreat classics they are, and they will never get old. My little 9yr old boy absolutely adores Smokey and the Bandit and how he gives it to the State Troopers (Smokey ~ Sheriff Buford T. Justice). I'll also add Flying High. They never get old :)

Now back on thread . . . .

CR i am joing the club with a 32GB white iPad Mini will grace my hands next Tuesday :) Cant wait.
My Thread

Looking for a ruff, tuff and tumble case so can still be used one handed and i think i might have found one i like, but not the colour :(

Survivor military-duty case for iPad mini | Griffin Technology

Any time with these cases in iPhone/iPad/Mini ??

Sweet. I upgraded to the 64GB from the 16GB. >_<"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Sweet. I upgraded to the 64GB from the 16GB. >_<"

Yea you can see from my thread that i was thinking of the 16GB but am so happy that i went for the 32GB. Oh and the White one which looks super úber :)
Could of even done with the 64GB being i didnt get the WiFi/Cellular model so being out and about i need some music which i need to sync with it. Ive made a playlist but will change it from time to time, but i have 6.78GB free and that with mostly Utilities, Productivity, Reference Apps. Have got a few gems in the games but havnt a great deal of games on it. I want it to take the place of my MBP and have had a lot of fun trying new Apps to replace what i have on my MBP
iDownload+, USB Disk Pro, DropBox, Air Playit HD, Reemote in conjunction with Airfoil Speakers, Flickr Upload Image, Pocket and Day One being the most used and with these Apps i can do what i did on my Mac easily on the Mini . . .

Found a great tough case to in the OtterBox Defender . . .

Reaction score
Finally picked up the Nexus 7 yesterday. Other than the fact that it took me literally an hour to find the app store on it, am liking it so far.

Came to browse the forum on it - 1st ad up was for guess what - the Nexus 7.

The Nexus is larger than my 1st gen Kindle Fire - with the same screen size. Don't like that the Nexus keeps the bottom row on screen all the time instead of hiding it, thus preventing you from using the full size of the screen. I've not seen this on any other device. This would be unacceptable on the Nexus 4 I think.

Funny enough, I decided that because I already had the iPad2 that I would get a Nexus 7 which I bought with the Bestbuy 3yr warranty. Goes along well with my phone cause I upgraded from iPhone 4 to the Samsung Galaxy S3. It's a very sweet phone. HOWEVER, the Nexus 7's wifi was so intermittant that after 2 1/2 months I went back to Best Buy armed with a 22 second video clip showing them how bad the wifi was. I told them how I walked around our house with the iPad2 in one hand, the Nexus7 in the other and compared wifi signals. iPad won hands down. They gave up with literally no fight at all and immediately offered me a trade for any other device (with price adjustment of course). I think that is because they know there is a wifi problem-all you have to do is google Nexus 7 wifi problem to see.

SO, I decided that for me wifi is the most important thing and I would not play around with another tablet when I know that iPad's work great. So I exchanged and paid extra to get a new shiny white iPad mini 64gb.

Hopefully you guys won't have the same problem with your Nexus 7's that I did. I am really happy I exchanged for the iPad mini. :Smirk:

OP
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Funny enough, I decided that because I already had the iPad2 that I would get a Nexus 7 which I bought with the Bestbuy 3yr warranty. Goes along well with my phone cause I upgraded from iPhone 4 to the Samsung Galaxy S3. It's a very sweet phone. HOWEVER, the Nexus 7's wifi was so intermittant that after 2 1/2 months I went back to Best Buy armed with a 22 second video clip showing them how bad the wifi was. I told them how I walked around our house with the iPad2 in one hand, the Nexus7 in the other and compared wifi signals. iPad won hands down. They gave up with literally no fight at all and immediately offered me a trade for any other device (with price adjustment of course). I think that is because they know there is a wifi problem-all you have to do is google Nexus 7 wifi problem to see.

SO, I decided that for me wifi is the most important thing and I would not play around with another tablet when I know that iPad's work great. So I exchanged and paid extra to get a new shiny white iPad mini 64gb.

Hopefully you guys won't have the same problem with your Nexus 7's that I did. I am really happy I exchanged for the iPad mini. :Smirk:

I'm still happy with my iPad mini, and iPad of course. Hopefully they fix the cosmetic defects on the newer versions. Tired of the scratching and chipping on the iPhone 5 and iPad mini. >_<"

Reaction score
Do you think they are actually using inferior materials on the mini's? What part of it in particular has more likelihood to scratch and chip?

OP
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Do you think they are actually using inferior materials on the mini's? What part of it in particular has more likelihood to scratch and chip?

The edges. I had to return two iPad minis because it looked like someone took a saw to the edges. I posted pictures of the damage on here somewhere.

Reaction score
OK good to know. I will search and see if I can buy a bumper case like I have for my iP4.

Update: Done! One white one for me and one purple one for my daughter both on order!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Nah, no inferior products used on the iPad Mini. CR just had a bad batch i think. Blemishes, scratches, dents do get through Quality Control . . . . . It happens

OP
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nah, no inferior products used on the iPad Mini. CR just had a bad batch i think. Blemishes, scratches, dents do get through Quality Control . . . . . It happens

Could be. When I brought it back in to show the people at the Apple store they said they have never seen anything like it.

The iPhone 5 still scratches easily though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.