what i want in the 2012 macbook pro

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 15" i7 2.2 8GB ram late 2011, Ipod touch 4g 8GB,Ipad 2 16GB
The color changing keyboard lights just wouldn't fit with the MacBook Pro, it is like putting neon underglow on a Volkswagen Passat,:)

I now see choosing alienwere as an example was a bad idea. I was talking about this How to color your backlit on MacBook Pro Air Unibody Mac Apple - YouTube but more subdued tone this is a example i found on youtube to me it flows with the style. There will only be dedicated graphics with the pro line as its the power house of the laptops.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Why is it not simply enough to have an equally powerful processor in a light package with solid state storage. IMHO, I was actually shocked that they don't bother to make a 2.2GHz MBA. Though battery life is probably the issue. My Air goes through it's battery in about seven hours with it's current settings.

Well the air has 1 usb and a thunder bold you can't upgrade the hdd or ram and can have max 256gb hdd. intel i7 wold fry in the air it runs hot in the pro, powerful processors run hot an i7 in a air in a small case with small fans well thats fine as long as you dont want kids.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MB Air Core i7 256GB, 2011 Mini with 8GB RAM, iPad 2, iPhone 4S, 2TB Time Capsule
News to me... My MacBook Air has an i7 processor and two USB ports. I have been using it for four hours and the back of it is mildly warm.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Glad to see that I am not the only one.

If hitting the period, comma, and return key is taking that much necessary time away from one's day, perhaps there are better ways to be spending your time than posting on the internet.

Cost of the Mac lineup is something that they put far more research into than you would imagine. They price strategically to create both market tiers and price point driven sales. There is a reason that a "top of the line" iPad manages to cost less than the bottom of the line MacBook Air. The company is one of the few in the market actually making good money on hardware, so I would think that we can leave the pricing strategy up to the experts. It's been working out really well for the shareholders.

Are you serious? When you buy a mac you are paying for the logo the i pad 64gb 3g costs £660. Manufacturing costs about £150 vat £109 so apple are making £300 on a tabulate. Now ramp that up for the macbook pro they are a rip off apple over charger because they can you are paying for the brand. regarding to punctuation before you post read up, i said i can but its (easer for me) to not. To some its like riding a bike for others it takes a bit more effort like for some talking to girls is hard but for others its easy. I can hit the []0-=[];p keys we all have our strengths and weaknesses punctuation being mine, but i am amazing with my hands i can do plastering,wireing,woodwork,design,laying carpet. Were you maybe very good with text but useless with practical work.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
News to me... My MacBook Air has an i7 processor and two USB ports. I have been using it for four hours and the back of it is mildly warm.

I hit the wrong key, its a i7 dual core 1.8 the 2.2 is a quad core which kicks out alot of heat dual cores will run cooler than a quad just look at the i7 in the pro a quadcore i7 in the air would be like a hot plate.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MB Air Core i7 256GB, 2011 Mini with 8GB RAM, iPad 2, iPhone 4S, 2TB Time Capsule
Are you serious? When you buy a mac you are paying for the logo
I pay more for the logo? Really? Because I notice a distinctly higher quality in the hardware than the Windows laptops that I have owned. But I am sure, random internet stranger, that you must be an expert on the subject of Apple manufacturing and QC.

the i pad 64gb 3g costs £660. Manufacturing costs about £150 vat £109 so apple are making £300 on a tabulate.
Actually the cost is about £240 for the iPad 64GB 3G, but that's not the point. The point is that they CAN charge £660 for the device and so they do. And they sell them so fast that people are waiting for them months after they are released. Apple does not have a need to provide cheap computing to the masses... They have a need to return value for their shareholders and keep the customer coming back. They have found an amazing way to do it and they are not only the highest ranked in customer satisfaction, but also in revenue per dollar of retail square foot. Finding people that would declare their Apple products to be a "rip off" (especially here on mac forums) would be the needle in a haystack moment. There is no other tech brand with Apple's loyalty.

regarding to punctuation before you post read up, i said i can but its (easer for me) to not.
It's also easier to leave then house without fussing around putting on a shirt and pants, but society expects you to do so... You've added it to your recent comments, so it is really a non-issue now.

Were you may be very good with text but useless with practical work.
Meh. I have a laptop and I am on the internet right now. Obviously I am not on an Amish farm raising a barn or building a chair... It may be the life for some, but I found a great way to earn a living that allows me to be warm, dry, and indoors. To each their own. I find my work more practical than barn raising.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
How about changing the case from aluminium back to plastic so that those of us that live in dryer climates don't get shocks from using it...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I hit the wrong key, its a i7 dual core 1.8 the 2.2 is a quad core which kicks out alot of heat dual cores will run cooler than a quad just look at the i7 in the pro a quadcore i7 in the air would be like a hot plate.
Actually I was personally told (software engineer that I went to school with) that the quad core processors were left out due to power use issues. The quad core processors draw 20% more power. This would drop the MBA battery life to less than 4 hours on a charge. The gain in performance is not worth the loss of lifespan.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
@_Stormin were dose it say im amish???? were dose it say i live in a barn??? i missed those facts you strike me as a person that is arrogant,know it all a person you would not mix with. If i need a wall i build it myself i don't pay a guy £200 if i need a door hanging i do it myself if i need some manual work done i get the personal satisfaction of something i built myself not relying on someone to do it for me.

Apple products are ripoffs they are good but for what they are they are a rip hacintosh you can build a high spec pc good gaming for less than a macbook pro so yh they are over priced.

I really don't care what society wants im me and if people don't like that well that's there issue. You go on about quality its all made in tiwan and china the case parts all made in china the reason macs last longer is because they are expensive so you look after them. Were a £300 laptop you rag it around i had a fijitsu amilo 4 years it was never turned off traveled everywhere dropped on screen and kept going.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Actually I was personally told (software engineer that I went to school with) that the quad core processors were left out due to power use issues. The quad core processors draw 20% more power. This would drop the MBA battery life to less than 4 hours on a charge. The gain in performance is not worth the loss of lifespan.

Well unless he works for apple its just hear say, I say its more the heat issue the macbook pro has better fans more internal air space and the i7 2.2 runs at 80*.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well unless he works for apple its just hear say, I say its more the heat issue the macbook pro has better fans more internal air space and the i7 2.2 runs at 80*.
-He does work for Apple. Even kind enough to let me drive his Ferrari from time to time. :)

were dose it say im amish???? were dose it say i live in a barn??? i missed those facts you strike me as a person that is arrogant,know it all a person you would not mix with. If i need a wall i build it myself i don't pay a guy £200 if i need a door hanging i do it myself if i need some manual work done i get the personal satisfaction of something i built myself not relying on someone to do it for me.
-Well in your prior post you felt the need to mention that work isn't noble unless it's done by hand, which is very Amish of you. I'm by no means arrogant, but I assume that people mean what they say. And I mix well with me and my friends, so again, random internet stranger, your opinion of me isn't carrying a lot of weight.

Apple products are ripoffs they are good but for what they are they are a rip hacintosh you can build a high spec pc good gaming for less than a macbook pro so yh they are over priced.
-I can build a Hackintosh, and yes, it may run relatively well. But I can't build one as small or quiet as the Mac Mini... Do you have one? Listen for the fan... Same thing goes with the MacBook Air. Don't get me wrong, system building can be a great thing. I myself have a custom Windows machine right now.

You go on about quality its all made in tiwan and china the case parts all made in china the reason macs last longer is because they are expensive so you look after them. Were a £300 laptop you rag it around i had a fijitsu amilo 4 years it was never turned off traveled everywhere dropped on screen and kept going.
-So you're telling me that because something is made in China or Taiwan, that it can't be a quality product? I don't know what kind of backwards world view that you have, but I am glad that I don't share it. People take care of their Apple products because those that spend £1500 on a laptop are generally the same type of people that take care of their possessions. To quote you earlier, those that can "splash some cash" generally aren't worried about having to "splash" again. At the same time, you generally don't acquire much in the way of accumulated wealth if you waste your money. So it's safe to assume that those who buy nice things take care of them.
The fact that an Apple computer can run for years only requiring that it's battery be replaced, is pretty impressive. I am on my second CPU, second graphics card, and third set of RAM sticks in my Windows box over a four year span. And the parts on that one were over a grand initially.

Anyway. We are miles off of the topic here, so if you would like to start another thread debating the price and build quality of an Apple machine over all others, please just start up a new thread.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
@_Stormin You are an impossible person, i like how you try to twist statements to fit you. When i said splash cash its someone with a bit more money and wants a more powerful mac. And i got you spot on so arrogant. But your friend working for apple is still here say its like me saying my mate is on the team working on the new macs its just here say. Again nice try to take my words out of context i said if i need something manual doing i can do it myself and get the personal gratification from something i did myself and not depending on someone doing it for me.

And again you go for the most extreme example the air and the mini, the mini is not very powerful just portable the air well have you heard of the samsung s or f series its not much thicker but just as powerful as the air.When i said that statement i was refuting to the pro you can buy a more powerful laptop for a few hundred less.

please don't twist my words i said its all made in china so its no more quality than any other laptop because the parts are basically the same. You repeat what i say but twist it. Like i said macs last longer because they cost more so you look after it better this is fact.

Just because something is expensive don't mean its good quality windows vista was £300 and was a joke jaguar e type expensive but overheats bad.Price don't ensure quality apple over charge because the cult who buy anything apple will pay it i am one of a few that cant be mind fooled so don't try it.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
I've pressed pause on this thread for a few...

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Folks - This thread can make for continued interesting discussion - but I'll ask that we keep it focused on the topic at hand and not stray into a personal discussion or insults which are clearly not in keeping with the Community Guidelines here. See the link in my sig for a reminder.

If you want to debate - use facts (preferably) or opinion as your tool of choice, but keep the personal attacks completely out of it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2012 15" MBP 2.6GHz i7, Late-2011 13" MBP 2.4 GHz i5, Early-2008 Mac Pro 2.8Ghz Xeon
I think the 13" should have the antiglare display option.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
Reaction score
I wish they would introduce a 15" air model and leave the optical drive in the pro's.

I also love slim computer but my 2011 pro is slim enough, the heat is more of an issue, and believe me its an issue. for a 2k plus computer i want it to be better engineered to handle all tasks without getting uncomfortable to sit on my lap. I mean it is sold for professional use...

I would like to see-

-usb 3 ports,
-better resolution screens- hopefully they will make the high res now standard and upgrade that.
-SSD standard
-8gb ram standard
-remote standard as well
-optical drive left in

i think that one thunderbolt port is plenty if you get a hub for it then you can have 3 separate but two would be nice.

I think the price is a bit steep lately especially with upgrades(HDD's and ram, apple should make people want to upgrade from them not OWC or newegg). I have the upper level 15 pro model and it ended up costing almost 2500, i really dont think its worth it overall i mean i love the machine and the software but for 2500? i would like to see the higher end model be around 2100 tops.

Although apple sells so many computers they could charg 3k and people would still buy them so im sure if anything the price will only go up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
SSD Standard, for the price of a normal HD. Only when you buy the SSD with the computer. If they could pull that one off with their new SSD manufacturing plant… :)

Twin HDD Bay option, 1 for the SSD and one for the 1 TB HDD. No DVD drive.

Reaction score
wish list

15" screen: 1680 x 1050 screen resolution minimum with matte available
Lower profile trending toward the Airs
8 GB RAM
>400 GB SSD
Ivy Bridge
Backlit keyboard kept
legit 6 hour battery life
Better heat dissipation for multiple core use

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.