• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Beer. Whats your favorite?

Reaction score
You have not lived until you have tasted Belgian Trappist beers. Those monks knew their stuff. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
<---- Does not like beer.

Reaction score
I drink really only Wild Ales, Saison's, and Sour beers... Attached is one of my favorites...

Cheers

P1030441.JPG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4, 800 Mhz PowerPC, 2 GB ram, 64 Gb SSD, 10.5 OSX • Iphone 4 • Ipad • Apple Tv • iPods :) •
Honestly,
My favorite type of beer is Sam Adams. Blackend lager to be exact. but Thats about it when it comes to beer. I actually dislike beer a lot, but i love Sam Adams.

Reaction score
Beer

Hah I love this post on this forum keeps it fun and relaxed. I love beer, especially american craft brews. I am working on helping them expand into foreign markets so I have tried a tremendous amount. Have you heard of Redhook???ESB/IPA? Anyways they are from my hometown and I am a huge fan so had to give them a shout out. Other than that I think Blue Moon is up there because it has such a distinct taste. Great post again.

Reaction score
Hah I love this post on this forum keeps it fun and relaxed. I love beer, especially american craft brews. I am working on helping them expand into foreign markets so I have tried a tremendous amount. Have you heard of Redhook???ESB/IPA? Anyways they are from my hometown and I am a huge fan so had to give them a shout out. Other than that I think Blue Moon is up there because it has such a distinct taste. Great post again.

If you like Blue Moon you should check into other beers that it is modeled after that would be the "belgian wit" style

Cheers

Reaction score
If you like Blue Moon you should check into other beers that it is modeled after that would be the "belgian wit" style

Cheers

You got any good ones in mind. Going to be kinda hard for the next few months with me being in China haha, but I would definitely like to get my hands some when I get back

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
Heineken, Corona, Bud Light, Beck's

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
You have not lived until you have tasted Belgian Trappist beers. Those monks knew their stuff. ;D

Amen to that.

Cheers ... McBie

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
All beer is fantastic except Steam Whistle. I would add Bud Light Lime to the list of terrible beers but I don't count that as beer. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27in iMac i5 3.1GHz, AMD 6970, iPhone 4, Wi-Fi iPad 2
Drifter Pale Ale is amazing. Brooklyn lager is my favorite lager. Also had this delicious golden ale from the Carolina Brewing Co. in Chapel Hill, NC, smooth and slightly sweet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Beez Neez Honey Wheat Beer from Matilda Bay Brewery Western Australia and the taste often changes yearly due to honey supplies and varieties available.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Asking me what my favorite beer is, is like asking me what child of mine is my favorite..

That aside.. I love a nice pint of Guinness.. I am a big fan of darks/stouts.. Hobgoblin, Holsten Festbock, Young's Double Chocolate, that kinda thing..

I also like my lagers, MGD, Heineken, Stella..

I don't drink much anymore, so I haven't had a good beer in a while!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, iPod Video, iPod Nano Chrome 16gig
I'm sure there was a thread like this knocking around a year or two back - its nice how things come full circle.

I don't have a regular drink, my choice depends on how I feel, whether I'm eating, what the weathers like etc.

I do like Newcastle Brown Ale - being a Newcastle United supporter, it comes naturally to me :p

Aside from that, I'll give anything a try - mostly real ales, stouts and the like. A friend of mine recently turned me on to cider, not the likes of strongbow or Magners, but the more traditional brews. There's one called Stowford Press which I am particularly partial to.

C

chas_m

The beer I drink most often is Guinness, even though its never like having one in Ireland.

Second most often is Blue Buck by Phillips Brewing here on Vancouver Island. It's an amber beer with a really nice finish. I drink it for two reasons:
1. Like the other local beers, it's fresh. Fresh beer tastes better.
2. Phillips sponsors many events in town, some of which I participate in, so they support me and thus I support them.

My FAVOURITE beer, however, is Mackeson Triple Stout. I don't pretend to be a beer connoisseur but that's my favourite. I also enjoy Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout (both are a bit hard to find round here, or quite expensive, but worth it!).

I remember having some Samuel Smith Pale Ale in Boston and realising how much better it is when you can get it fresh. Even since then, however, I can't stand it ... because I'm not in Boston. :)

Reaction score
Curious why would think a beer from England would be fresher in Boston? It would depend on the distro path it takes from the brewery. Just a thought...

The beer I drink most often is Guinness, even though its never like having one in Ireland.

Second most often is Blue Buck by Phillips Brewing here on Vancouver Island. It's an amber beer with a really nice finish. I drink it for two reasons:
1. Like the other local beers, it's fresh. Fresh beer tastes better.
2. Phillips sponsors many events in town, some of which I participate in, so they support me and thus I support them.

My FAVOURITE beer, however, is Mackeson Triple Stout. I don't pretend to be a beer connoisseur but that's my favourite. I also enjoy Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout (both are a bit hard to find round here, or quite expensive, but worth it!).

I remember having some Samuel Smith Pale Ale in Boston and realising how much better it is when you can get it fresh. Even since then, however, I can't stand it ... because I'm not in Boston. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019) 3 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5, 1.03 TB Fusion Drive
Sam Adams Brick Red.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in rMBP 2014 Yosemite
Coors.. NOT Coors Light.. CL is one of the worst tasting beers I have ever encountered.. Coors is my 'go to guy'.. If I'm ever not sure on what to buy, thats what I get.

Coors is much to my dismay, NEVER available in the local establishments.
In that case I get a West Virginia that came from the 'West Virginia Brewing Co.' from Martinsburg, WV. They have a couple kinds but i stick with the Lager.
Then as my last option it's Yeungling Lager, which is to my knowledge a Pennsylvania creation that has traveled to various east coast states.

@ Fiery. I think I had Brick Red while I was at Epcot in FL, it was amazing, the shop sales person said that was only available in Boston and Disney.. is that right?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.