New iMac - Pics inside

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Nice one Brian. Whenever i see a thread like this, the 1st thing i do is check my Bank Account. No joy just yet. Congrats and WOW 32GB upgrade. Will keep you sweet for the next 10yrs ;)

Nice Mac indeed, terrible hand job.... :D

Interesting statement as i have never had a bad one ;P

OP
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Looks nice Brian - congrats on the new rig - and a nice 25% speed bump vs the MBP too.

Thanks!!

There... corrected that for you. ;D

ROFL!! Here - this will keep Nick warm and fuzzy for a bit... :D

Hand.jpg

OP
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Nice one Brian. Whenever i see a thread like this, the 1st thing i do is check my Bank Account. No joy just yet. Congrats and WOW 32GB upgrade. Will keep you sweet for the next 10yrs ;)

Interesting statement as i have never had a bad one ;P

Thanks much! Yes - I've definitely done my part to keep Apple's shareholders happy this year ;)

No - not 32 GB - just 16 GB, well, currently running 12GB since I had a little incident with a screwdriver.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
ROFL!! Here - this will keep Nick warm and fuzzy for a bit... :D

Ha ha...very funny.;) Remember...we're supposed to keep things "G-rated"...I think we may be "creeping" into "PG-13" territory.;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Congrats on the purchase, but I'm going to give you a big heads up.

I bought a 20in G5 iSight iMac shortly after they came out. The box it came in was destroyed, although the iMac box and styrofoam was completely intact. But it had a big graphics glitch. After using it about 5 minutes it would freak out and just display streaks across the display. I sent it back and got a replacement, and it worked fine.

After seeing the styrofoam like that, I'd be very careful about any display issues. If you don't have Applecare, I would highly recommend it, just incase anything pops up down the road.

OP
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the heads up. So far so good - it's been running for 2 days (well...I guess not quite) and I've just been sleeping it. Have watched a few HD trailers just to show the screen off to the wife - so no signs of problems - but of course we'll see. I did grab Applecare, however, just to have that margin of comfort. :) A much cheaper purchase than it was for my MBP!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
After seeing the styrofoam like that, I'd be very careful about any display issues. If you don't have Applecare, I would highly recommend it, just incase anything pops up down the road.

Agreed....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4Ghz core i7 27 inch iMac 16Gb / OS X 10.7.4 / Apple TV 2
Hi all,

The iMac looks really cool Brian! Congrats! ;D

I also ordered one of the new 27" iMacs last week, I went for this configuration:
3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
2TB Serial ATA Drive
AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB GDDR5
APPLE MAGIC TRACKPAD
APPLE REMOTE

I wasn't sure about the AMD card, but went for the 2GB version to try and future proof the machine a bit more. I reckon that i will wait a while for the price of RAM to drop and then upgrade to 16GB. I almost went for Solid State Drive, but figured that if Thunderbolt takes off, SSD's will get cheaper and I could enclose one and attach via TB. Only time wil tell. Only down sides for me are that glossy screen, and no HDMI or Blu-Ray (bizzare that a screen with that resolution can't play B-R discs??)

Like Brian, I have struggled on for 2 years (since my old eMac died) with a Dell laptop & Vista, so I doubt I will be complaining when the new beast arrives.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Congrats there Brian. One sleek Machine mate. Can see why ypur nearing the top on all those GeekBench/CineBench test.
Well done

Nice purchase @BasilFawlty. You have done well. If you really want to watch Blu-Ray just set up Windows (Vista- What i have read is vista is you get better play back with it over W7) via Bootcamp and a external player and your write to go.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.