What would you like in the iPhone 2.3 software?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro 3.06Ghz 7200RPM 500gb
Flash in Safari, MMS and Copy and Paste. MMS is the only reason I haven't bought an iPhone.

This would make it perfect! Although I could deal w/o the flash if the others were there

Reaction score
Copy and paste, MMS, Landscape texting (we can do it in the browser), more efficient way of organizing mail folders, something to help with battery efficiency, lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Hotmail support without having too buy a app to do so

That's a Hotmail issue. You have to buy their "plus" service to use POP with them. Not an iPhone issue.

Is the new firmware rumored to be announced/released tomorrow or what?

Reaction score
multitasking

how about a chat client that I don't always have to be logged onto to see if I have a new message?

doesn't this bother anyone else?

Reaction score
I agree with you Reko. There's a few IM apps in the store that you have to keep doing that for =/.

But I really want to see Bluetooth being used to AT LEAST be able to send pictures to both IPhones/Ipod touches and none IPhone/Ipod touch phones.

Its really starting to bug me how its not been included sooner =/.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I agree with you Reko. There's a few IM apps in the store that you have to keep doing that for =/.

multitasking

how about a chat client that I don't always have to be logged onto to see if I have a new message?

doesn't this bother anyone else?

That's what "the cloud" was supposed to be able to do. We were supposed to have it already but Apple is lagging it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 13" MacBook Air w/ 1.8GHz i7 & 4GB, iPhone 5S 32GB Gold
That's what "the cloud" was supposed to be able to do. We were supposed to have it already but Apple is lagging it.

Isn't "The Cloud" just another feature they're gonna force us to sign up to MobileMe for?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Zym

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OSX Cinema Display Leopard
Flash
copy+paste
search through mail
push ability 4 third party apps

Reaction score
Landscape mode in SMS
MMS sending/receiving
Flash in Safari
Also charging battery while phone off if thats included in Firmware upgrades
:D

Reaction score
The iPhone shocked me when it didn't have the ability to:

Forward texts
Cut & Paste
Text to a group (as in the name of the group I have set up not just multiple contacts)
Save template emails.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
Flash in Safari would be nice, since it is meant to be the 'full web in your pocket'.

Proper speaking GPS would be nice (TomTom app or similar), my old HTC Touch Cruise had this and it came in really hand driving company cars.

Cut, copy, paste surely should've been included from the off.

Ability to easily create your own ringtone in iTunes. Yes its possible now, but its an annoying process - paying for a ringtone is crazy. :(

Reaction score
Also, support for whole device encryption in the SDK -- that would allow better enterprise penetration for the device (especially where I work).

Plus the other stuff mentioned above.

Cheers

Reaction score
All I really want is push notification. I hardly come across a need for copy and paste. I hate typing in landscape mode because it's more straining on the thumbs to span across the entire iPhone. I can type much faster in portrait mode that landscape or even on a physical keyboard.

Basically, I want to get Facebook updates live, IM messages live, and I would like to play Pandora while in a different app. I think Apple should include something in the SDK that would give access to the iPod function, and if that so insist, pay extra scrutiny and inspection to the apps that choose to use that part of the SDK.

Also, I would like them to improve the bus/transit feature on the Maps app. When I look for routes, I have know idea what type of bus it is (Sound Transit, King County Metro, or Community Transit).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Also, support for whole device encryption in the SDK -- that would allow better enterprise penetration for the device (especially where I work).

Plus the other stuff mentioned above.

Cheers

Now THAT is a fresh idea. Good show! I'd like that so I could plug it in to my laptop at work to charge, or to transfer documents. Work only allows encrypted flash drives to be plugged in for intellectual property security.

Reaction score
copy/paste
flash for safari
mms
bluetooth that actually works not just with headsets
sending/receiving business cards (vcards)
IM client that doesnt log out everytime i go back to the home screen
faster and better performance in general

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro 2017 3GHz 10-core 128GB RAM MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.3GHz i5 16GB RAM
And a proper, landscape week view in iCal.

Reaction score
Voice Dialing is no big deal I guess.

I've been waiting for changes to the iPhone for a couple of years now, before I'll buy one. Some I've seen, others I'm still waiting for. Being able to push Exchange e-mail out is big for us and that's happened, but the feature I've been waiting for most anxiously is native voice dialing/voice commands. Sure, I've checked out the specs on several apps, but none are as complete as the voice dial features I can get on a $38 throw away. What is the problem anyway?!!

Look, some states already have laws pertaining to handheld phone conversations while driving and some are looking to get really Draconian by attempting to ban all talking, handheld or not, while driving. I'd think Apple would be onboard with the safety aspects of providing hands-free call making; it's a safety issue. From Apple, I'd expect hands-free text message reads and writes and yet they won't provide the most basic function. Am I missing something?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.