• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Copying DVD's Tutorial

R

rjtedge

I have got my dvd2one VIDEO_TS folder and am trying to burn it with toast 6 should I use the video or data option if it is data what advanced option do i select and if video what options doi need to choose. So far have not got it to work yet.

Thanks

R

rjtedge

Ok i have burned the dvd in data dvd with an Audio_ts and Video_ts but when I play it it is all jumpy can you help me thanks

When I use toast 5 when it trys to verify it comes up with a mismatch can you help me with this problem.

So what do I do

K

kinza123

This is the only Forum I can understand, and I've been looking all day!!
Can anyone help a helpless female?
yesterday I backed up a movie using dvdback up and Roxio Toast, but the one I tried to do today is too big for one disc.
I downloaded the demo of dvd2one, to try it first, but I get this error message -
'Alert
The logical block number does not match with the actual position in the file.
Make sure you copy all files for the DVD to HD in file mode.'
I don't understand a word of it! I'm new to this (can you tell?)
I thought I had better see if dvd2one works, as it's the only way to split a movie onto 2 discs isn't it?
I don't want chapters or anything like that.
Can anyone help? Small words only please.

OP
sKaD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
I would deffinatly get the full version of DVD2Onex, I don't know what you error is except for maybe when you did DVDBackup you didn't let it get everything?

I don't know, try and follow the tutorial all the way through. After you get the full version of DVDBackup.

PM me

D

dollerbill

First off, I want to note the coincidence that I backed up my DVDs exactly the same way as in your tutorial, but I did it before I had read your tutorial.. Great minds think alike eh?

Now to my problem.. I backup the VIDEO_TS folder using DVDBackup... Then use DVD2ONEX to make another VIDEO_TS of the movie only.. I then add that VIDEO_TS folder to Toast Titanium 6(I haven't tried with Toast 5, but I'm thinking about switching to it) under the VIDEO option..

I first tried this with American Pie 2, watched about 5 minutes of it and thought it worked so I took it out.. Then I did it with Super Troopers and watched the whole thing.. At close to the end the images started to freeze, and skip very badly.. I couldn't finish watching the movie because the freezing was so bad... I then put American Pie 2 back in and went to the end, realizing it did the same thing..

Should I put them under the DVD-ROM option? Would that fix my problem? Or is it the DS_STORE file? I'm not sure I even have that..

Help would be greatly appreciated as I don't have very many DVD's left and this is very frustrating..

PS: I'm using a G4 iMac with SuperDrive, and Memorex DVD-R discs..

D

dollerbill

Hmm.. I just backed up UnderCover Brother using DVD-ROM and using DS_STORE Cleaner and it worked perfectly

S

Shakermaker

dollerbill said:
Hmm.. I just backed up UnderCover Brother using DVD-ROM and using DS_STORE Cleaner and it worked perfectly

Why you would want to back up Super Troopers and Undercover Brother is beyond me - but I digress.

The reason Super Troopers didn't work is probably caused by a media defect (scratch, scuff, etc.). That happens to me if I back up a disc that is a frequently used one.

OP
sKaD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
dollerbill said:

So your problem is solved?

I really don't know anything about Toast 6 other than the fact that I hated it :)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
sKaD said:

I really don't know anything about Toast 6 other than the fact that I hated it :)

I have never had a problem with any of the version of Toast. I am currently using 6.0.3.

D

dollerbill

sKaD said:

I'm not sure. After I burned the working copy of UB I burned a working copy of ST, but then burned AM2 again using DVDROM and DS_Store and this time when I tried to play it it skipped like the others. So I threw it(with the other useless coasters) at the ground. I also happened to step on them on the way out of the room, but when I went to make sure it was a coaster it only skipped two small times, so I kept it. I haven't tried to burn anymore dvds since then, so I guess it's problem solved. Thanks guys. Without you I wouldn't have found the DS_Store that was causing my DVDs to be useless..

S

spamrp

Can some one help me, I have followed the tutorial and tried to burn discs numerous times. First I encountered the buffer underrun error, which i solved by reseting my memory. Now when I burn the dvds every thing is fine with no errors, until I put it in my dvd player. The movie does not start up on its own, then if i press play i get a "Not permitted" notification on the screen, Then if i open the video_TS file, it says "DVD Player encountered a system error, Could not detect a valid media file. [-70001]" any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.6 ghz G5, Dual Monitors / 17" PowerBook 1.33 / 12" iBook
Are you using DVD-R or DVD+R discs? I once used a DVD+R in my Mac burner andhad the same results. Make sure you are using the right media.

Otherwise, I have no idea what to tell you.

Jerry

W

WhitE_RabbiT

Help, please.

Everytime I try to burn the VIDEO_TS folder to a DVD -R, using Toast 6 Titanium, I always get the same error.

About 25% into the burn, I get this error:
The drive reported an error:
Sense Key = ILLEGAL REQUEST
Sense Code = 0x21, 0x02
BUFFER UNDERRUN

What is going wrong here? I am going through the process according to the directions. Within Toast 6 Titanium, I am going to advanced settings, under Data, and choosng DCD-ROM (UDF). I assume this is what I am suppose to select.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.

OP
sKaD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
WhitE_RabbiT said:
Help, please.

Everytime I try to burn the VIDEO_TS folder to a DVD -R, using Toast 6 Titanium, I always get the same error.

About 25% into the burn, I get this error:
The drive reported an error:
Sense Key = ILLEGAL REQUEST
Sense Code = 0x21, 0x02
BUFFER UNDERRUN

What is going wrong here? I am going through the process according to the directions. Within Toast 6 Titanium, I am going to advanced settings, under Data, and choosng DCD-ROM (UDF). I assume this is what I am suppose to select.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.

I don't have Toast 6 anymore, but yes, normally that would be the way you should do it.

I don't know what to tell people anymore.. try this site out: http://ripdifferent.com

W

WilliS

um ok, i followed everything in your post... but once i got to the "disk copy" selection, my audio window changed. to like 5 options (all unchecked) .... i didnt see anything in your post about this... so i checked em and started the program... now i have a VIDEO_TS and an AUDIO_TS.... all i see is info about the video_ts......this audio folder is trashed??

*** Edit ****

nothing was in the audio_ts... so i didnt use it... the DVD came out good so far...only played 10 min of it

R

ryu

i actually came upon this tut after burning everything, but i did everything that was stated in it. i did a backup and then i used dvd2oneX to make a full disk copy. i used the video_ts directory and put it into toast 6 and made a DVD. the DVD plays fine in my other computer, however, the menu and everything didn't convert over nor did the audio. i might have made a mistake; i ran dvd2oneX a couple times cause i wasn't sure what options i should use, so i may have burned a defunct version. i'm in the process of running through it all over again, but was wondering if i need to do anything with the audio_ts directory that comes out of it all. the last post stated that it wasn't used and it worked fine, so i'm a little lost now.

W

WilliS

heh im trying to understand these progams...and making DVD coasters as i go

from what i understand, you dont need the audio_ts file.... i made Cast Away and didnt need the audio folder...because of course, nothing was in it....

you have to choose the audio files you want to put on the DVD...its a side window on DVD2OneX... when i made Cast Away, i clicked every sound and subtitle option... and burned it...

currently im trying to join 2 dvd disks to one.... i have gangs of new york....but if i can get them on the same disk, i can watch it without having to get up and change CD's half way through the movie....

my first attempt, i had no sound...but i only clicked on DTS 6 channel.... and im thinking i need special speakers or something to play that...cuz i get no sound out of it... im trying it again...but before i burn it, i have some questions.....but of course no one at ripdifferent.com will respond to my questions hehe

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.