• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

The Official GTA IV Thread (PS3 and XBOX 360)

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
sometime soon i'll try to get on with you mina. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Just unlocked the 3rd island today.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Did you guys go to the Happiness Island and get your free T-Shirt... LOL

Its funny. when you go there go all the way to the top of the island and BAM u get a the free T-Shirt.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
spoilers! ;P

lets try to post them in white text for those of us who aren't quite as far. :)

spoiler test:
like this

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
spoilers! ;P

lets try to post them in white text for those of us who aren't quite as far. :)

spoiler test:
like this

Sorry about the Spoiler :Oops:

I didn't mean to ruin the experience for anyone. I actually found about that one by mistake.

How far along is everyone on the missions. I am currently at 55%, I believe I unlocked all the islands now. This game is simply amazing, all my other games are just sitting there collecting dust since I picked GTA IV up.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
not sure of the percent - haven't looked. ;)

i did just do the first street race last night, i held off on some of brucie's missions to do other stuff.
i finished 1st in one shot. wasn't too hard, i even came to dead stop at one point when i hit a big 10 wheel truck.

without giving too much away, did anyone have as hard a time as i did with the "snow storm" mission? the one in the abandoned hospital on the small southern island.

spoiler - includes how i did it successfully:

i did it 3 or 4 times and each time i had no problem getting in but was getting wasted by the cops on the way out.
i finally had the idea to bring a big motorcycle with me. i left it outside, shot my way in until the last two guys were left, then drove it into the big last room. once it was there, i took out the last two guys - jumped on the bike - and ran over a few swat types on the way down the hall way and out to freedom.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5

i did just do the first street race last night, i held off on some of brucie's missions to do other stuff.
i finished 1st in one shot. wasn't too hard, i even came to dead stop at one point when i hit a big 10 wheel truck.

without giving too much away, did anyone have as hard a time as i did with the "snow storm" mission? the one in the abandoned hospital on the small southern island.

i did it 3 or 4 times and each time i had no problem getting in but was getting wasted by the cops on the way out.
i finally had the idea to bring a big motorcycle with me. i left it outside, shot my way in until the last two guys were left, then drove it into the big last room. once it was there, i took out the last two guys - jumped on the bike - and ran over a few swat types on the way down the hall way and out to freedom.
Glad its not just me! Had the same idea and still got wasted... I've done that mission about 20 times already...:(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The hardest 2 missions by far for me at least were "three leaf clover" with Packie. That's the one where try to rob a bank. The other one was "flatline" I think I went through Flatline about 10 times before I figured it out.

Spoiler:
For flatline mission u have to go to the hospital in Alderny you go to the room on the right and change in scrubs. That will let u get to Anthony's room without the cops stopping you. When u get in the room the guard will leave and u can go to the life support and unplug it. That gives u about 10 seconds tops to draw ur gun and start shooting ur way out of the hospital. All that sounds easy and it is except for the fact that u have a 3 star wanted level and escaping the cops is insanely hard. What I did was I went into the hospital got the scrubs went back out called Roman for a car service. That gives u time to go finish Anthony shoot all the cops that will be on ur way out when u get to the exit run like heck to the taxi and choose the first destination and the taxi will take u away from the cops and to safety. Btw if u try to call Roman while in the hospital he won't pick up. I've seen videos online where people drove their way to safety but it took forever and after 10 times trying including getting Busted once and losing my arsenal I decided to play smart not hard. Hope that helps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD

I think I got that first try. I really like the cover option, and I used that to get back out of the building, and jumped in the pickup they had sitting outside the entrance. Drove over a few cops and cars on the way out, then floored it.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i used the cover pretty much the whole time, my issue was them moving up on me and trying to get from one cover location to the other.

of course one of my other failed attempts was just trying to hole up and wait the majority of them out, but they just kept coming...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
I think I got that first try. I really like the cover option, and I used that to get back out of the building, and jumped in the pickup they had sitting outside the entrance. Drove over a few cops and cars on the way out, then floored it.

Yeah I had a Turismo sitting outside so jumped into that, it only took a couple of minutes and a conveniently placed narrow alleyway to ditch the cops. I'm on the last mission now, deciding whether to take the money or get revenge (well, I chose revenge but the game bugged and the cargo doors didn't open so I have another chance to make the decision now).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
is that really the last mission. thats where I am right now... haven't decided which way to go yet though.... Decisions Decisions....!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So... I finished the game! As much as I am glad that I did finish it, I kinda wish I didn't it was a blast.

I am still having fun running around spreading chaos across Liberty City without worrying about missions. I just went into a rampage of setting cars on fires just to watch them explode.. :Oops:

Multiplayer is still crappy. I tried it again today, and everytime it looked a bit promising the Host Disconnects... Arrgghhh.

So hows everyone else progressing in the game.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
Oh how I wish I didn't change my mind and go for the deal, I liked the ending my flatmate got more.

Reaction score
Now I know what to do :p

And muso, how do you have 13 MILLION posts? Lol, averaging out to over 6 thousand a day haha

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
I talk to myself in my own private forum 5,990 times per day.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I talk to myself in my own private forum 5,990 times per day.

Can I have my own forum so I can talk to myself? :D GRIN!

So that is how you did it! JK

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
Your request has been processed.

Outcome: More sexual favours needed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.