• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Anyone else joining the Wii club?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Personally, I'm excited. Motion controllers, abililty to play GameCube games plus select older NES/SNES games, and a street price of $250 or less. Nintendo has a history of making fun, familly-oriented games, which means my wife will actually play games with me lol. Anyone else planning on picking one up?

btw, if anyone wants to buy a GameCube, PM me ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
When does it come out? I dont think ive ever heard the release date, and the old school nes/snes game part of it is the greatest.

Reaction score
It's great that it's cheaper than the other two consoles. To be honest though I rarely play my gamecube because I find I want more mature games. Still holding out on an xbox 360.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
I am sure most people find that the xbox = mature, PS(x) = RPG, and Nintendo = Fun for all.
I got the 360, fun games and all, just not alot of selection. Waiting for Halo 3 and Gears of War.
Not gonna get the PS3.
Hurray for the .... Nintendo "Wii".. This console seems fun, and affordable...
So i guess to answer your question, maybe. most likely but still maybe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
It looks like it could be a nice addition to the home entertainment set up, but do not have any intention so far as to buying it when it is new. I am going to let the price come down a little bit, even though estimates place it at $250, I will wait a few months to a year to wait for it to come down to $200. If it comes out around chrismas however, I will buy one, and throw it up on e-bay, because who knows, this could be as big as all the other systems go for on ebay around christmas time when there is none anywhere else.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz/4 GB/500 GB
I think Nintendo is doing the right thing on this.

Comparing current gen (PS2, XBOX, Game Cube), PS2 easily won the battle. I own all three systems, and the variety of titles made the PS2 win.

For next gen, I see Xbox 360 (I own one of these too) winning the total battle. PS3 will just cost too much if current info proves true. Many consoles sell on basis of titles, which is why PS2 beat XBOX. With the 360 getting a head start, and many 'console seller' games such as Grand Theft Auto releasing on both systems simultaneously, I think that it will be either equal or surpassing PS3 sales.

Nintendo isn't going to try to compete for best graphics or sales, but instead focus on innovation and quality products, just like our favorite computer company.

I will buy a Wii (though I prefer the 'Revolution' moniker). I can play the classic NES, SNES, N64(?) games in addition to new titles like Zelda? Count me in. Super Mario Bros 1-3, Super Mario World, StarFox 64, and Goldeneye? Awesome.

I actually find myself playing New Super Mario Bros on the Nintendo DS more than I play my Xbox 360.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.16Ghz Core Duo 1GB Ram 80GB
I'm super excited to get a Wii but must agree with claudius that revolution was a much better name. It made it feel like it was something special and unique but oh well. They could call it crap bucket and as long as it was fun to play I'd be fine.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
PunkRockTuba said:
When does it come out? I dont think ive ever heard the release date, and the old school nes/snes game part of it is the greatest.

I've heard the release date is November, or at least by or before the end of the year. I've also heard that the price may be between $170 and $200. Either way, it's still half the price of a PS3 or Xbox 360. I'm excited. The controller system looks awesome! There are some videos on the official site:

http://wii.nintendo.com/home.html

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
I plan on purchasing both the PS3 and the Wii. I am actually looking forward to both. Seeing the trailer for the new Metal gear solid was enough for me. I have an XBOX 360 and just recently picked up "Dead Rising" which is actually a pretty good game IMO. I am really looking forward to "Gears of War".

From my understanding both the PS3 and Wii will be out sometime in November.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Stuff
I AM!! I Am not much of a gamer, but I do play classic SNES games. So if it's backwards compatible I'M BUYING IT.

Yes folks, I am the only kid in my generation that doesnt play video games :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24", 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram, 250Gb HDD nVidia GeForce 7600 GT 256MB
I may do, though for now the 360 has everything I want in a console, at the moment I have decided to wait and see if there are several games that will be coming out for the Wii. As for the PS3 there are no games really worth the massive cost, most PS games have a Xbox equivalent thats as good, sometimes better.

Well as for the Wii ill wait and see, I really do love the concept but im just not sure about the games. Either way I always defend the Wii ;) just not sure if its going to be supporting the games I would want to play.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
wii sounds like its for kids too much. I'm going for the PS3. Its gonna own everyone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini Mac Intel Core Dou, 2 Gigs RAM, 100 GB hard drive.
I'm 17 and the only video game I play is SNES Zelda.

R

Rob

kaidomac said:
Personally, I'm excited. Motion controllers, abililty to play GameCube games plus select older NES/SNES games, and a street price of $250 or less. Nintendo has a history of making fun, familly-oriented games, which means my wife will actually play games with me lol. Anyone else planning on picking one up?
Of course.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I'm buying one when they come out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" PBook G4 1.67/1.5GB
While Sony and Microsoft battle over new media delivery formats and photo-realistic graphics, I'm way more excited about the way Nintendo is approaching gaming: transforming the way we play and appreciate games! They already did it with the DS (it's kicked the PSP to the curb), and I'm pretty sure that the Wii will be more successful than most gamers would be willing to admit by way of the way it allows you interact with the game though the controller.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!
I'm gonna get one on release date for sure. It looks awesome, and something that can almost replicate arcade FPS's is great! not to mention the relatively cheap price, and the fact that there is no reasonable alternative (except my wonderfull n64 with SSB, mario kart and goldeneye). somehow, i don't see people forking over almost 3 times more for a ps3.

M

Macbooker

Definitely

I will be joining the Wii club for sure. Its gonna look nice next to my 360, Macbook, and iPod Nano. Plus it just seems plain fun.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.