iPhone 4 preorder

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook black 2.2 GHz, 4Gb Ram - iPhone 4
who is going to preorder? just curious. i'm undecided. yes, i want it sooner than later, but i'm not sure waiting in the line is worth it.

i don't have an iPad, but how was the preorder/ pick up experience? did anyone get it shipped to their house?

i don't want to ship it because i may or not be home that day. will they be readily available after the 24? or will it be like the iPad and the stores will get in limited quantities daily? i guess really, no one knows, but it's worth asking.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I definitely want to preorder and have it delivered day one

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Iphone 3GS 16GB Ipad 16GB
I am prordering a the black 16GB also my ipad will be here the same day.

I think when you reserve on the 15th it is for in-store pick up only.

As far as being availble readily after the 24th I doubt it. I am sure it won't be as bad or as long as the wait for the ipad. But it might be at least 2 week or more wait. IMO

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reserving is for in-store pickup. Preorder will be delivered.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you for letting me know the difference ;)!! Also is reserving guaranteed Kash?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" Macbook Pro 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB of RAM Snow Leopard 10.6.2| iPhone 4 32GB Black.
Im preordering that sexy thang the faster i get it the better it will be!!! and i believe that reserving one depends on how many they have in stock, if they have a lot then you are guranteed one, sometimes its more like first come first served.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yep gonna be staying up until midnight (15th) so I can reserve. So excited I have had issues sleeping lately.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you for letting me know the difference ;)!! Also is reserving guaranteed Kash?

For the iPad launch, a reservation was guaranteed until 3PM on launch day. I imagine something similar will be in place for the iPhone 4.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Snagging a white and a black 16GB via pick up at the local Applestore.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone
I will be at an AT&T store on tomorrow (15th) as soon as they open, to reserve me a White 32GB.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHZ Intel Quad-Core i7 iPhone 5 16GB, iPad 3 16GB
I wanna reserve a 16GB or 32GB iPhone 4 tomorrow as soon as possible. I was wondering how to do this if using another family member's upgrade. I know this is possible but how will I go about doing this online if I want to pre-order it? Or maybe this would be easier to do if I just go to the AT&T store?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" Macbook Pro 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB of RAM Snow Leopard 10.6.2| iPhone 4 32GB Black.
My dad is doing that, he is taking his wife's upgrade. You just go into the AT&T store and tell them you want to do that and they will set you up. You have to go into an AT&T store to do that though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
^^^Because of micro sim you will have to go to AT&T either way!! ^^^^

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHZ Intel Quad-Core i7 iPhone 5 16GB, iPad 3 16GB
My dad is doing that, he is taking his wife's upgrade. You just go into the AT&T store and tell them you want to do that and they will set you up. You have to go into an AT&T store to do that though.
Thanks man that was helpful!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you preorder it online and delivered to your house then the micro sim comes with the phone already.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
True but only if you are upgrading that specific line. Otherwise you will have to go to AT&T to get a micro sim and get the phone switched over to his number.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
So how do you preorder and get the contract rate? Can I do it through Apple.com or do I need to go through AT&T somehow? I'm a little confused about how this process works.

Too bad they don't hold your reserve longer at the store. 3pm is a little early for those of us that have to work all day! Preorder is ok, but I don't want to either find the location of the shipper to pick it up or have it sitting outside my apartment all day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
So how do you preorder and get the contract rate? Can I do it through Apple.com or do I need to go through AT&T somehow? I'm a little confused about how this process works.

Tomorrow you go to either:

Apple - iPhone 4 - Video calls, multitasking, HD video, and more
iPhone 4 & 3GS, Exclusively from AT&T and Apple - Wireless from AT&T

And you'll be able to preorder the phone using your existing account information for AT&T or order new if you're not an existing customer. AT&T's site right now is much better, has all kinds of FAQs and things.

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to confirm what time it will be available on AT&T.com?

I asked the support and sales folks but they would not confirm.

Dont really want to sit around until 12:01 and find out it is a 8am thing, etc...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.