zipped epub on iPad 6 - how to unzip + get into iBooks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 15", Original iPad, iPad 6, iPhone 5
New iPad 6. Still learning lots. Currently I get books to review from publishers as zipped epub. I use my MacBookPro to unzip and then I send myself an email with the epub as an attachment. The I open it in my iPad iBooks.

Hoping to be able to do all without the MacBook. Is it possible to unzip and save to iBooks just with my iPad? I have Dropbox and Winzip on the iPad but I just can't work it out. Seems to download OK but I don't know where it goes.

Thanks,
Diane

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Did you connect WinZip to your DropBox account? Or is WinZips default setting to unzip right to your “Files” folder on your iPad?

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Did you connect WinZip to your DropBox account? Or is WinZips default setting to unzip right to your “Files” folder on your iPad?

Didn’t connect to Dropbox. Don’t know how. Downloads seem to go to Files but greyed out there. I’ll do some research re: connecting - and/or can you guide me?

Sent from my iPad using Mac-Forums

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I looked around in Settings on the iPad in both Dropbox and WinZip but didn't find anything. So, thanks for the link. I'll check it out and if there is a solution I'll find it and let you know.

Thanks.
Diane

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
File management on iOS has always been a struggle, but it's getting better now that Apple introduced their own 'Files' app. This blog article goes into detail on how to interact with it and Zip files:

How to Zip/Unzip Files in iOS 11 on iPhone and iPad

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the further information and link. I'm swamped at work and home but the weekend is coming when I will have time to figure this all out.

Thanks again, both
Diane

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah. Success once I paid for WinZip and read the 'how to' sheet all was clear.
Thanks for your help once again.

Diane

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.