YouTube not workin after recent QuickTime update.

F

Fallooza

so i get the latest QT update, now youtube wont work. i get a big "Q" with a "?" in the middle where the vid should be. i turned off the one plugin i have for QT and still no go. any suggestions?
Benjamindaines said:
Open System Preferences > Quicktime > Advanced > MIME Settings & Make sure Flash is unchecked under Miscellaneous.

And make sure Enable Flash is unchecked under the Advanced pane
i also tryed bens suggestion and repaired permisions but still no go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
The front MacFixit page has some info that probably relates to your problem.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
thanks yo. their second suggestion worked for me.

That explains why I could not duplicate the problem here on my end. I have none of those plugins at all. Interesting.

OP
F

Fallooza

... man now i have the same problem again. unfortunately i cant seem ta find out how i fixed it before. i know i trashed some plugins before ta fix it but now i dont remember what ones. any suggestions?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Was this the URL that helped?

http://www.macfixit.com/

Also someone mentioned the last QT update breaking some videos. They totally removed all of Quicktime and downloaded it from Apple and reinstalled it and then added the plugins.

OP
F

Fallooza

after readin my thread here i realised it was a VLC plugin. so i put "VLC" into spotlight, found and trashed the plugin, all is well for now.

trav this is also on my 24" iMac. i finally got it back.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
after readin my thread here i realised it was a VLC plugin. so i put "VLC" into spotlight, found and trashed the plugin, all is well for now.

trav this is also on my 24" iMac. i finally got it back.

Very cool you got it solved and that you got the 24" back. How is it working?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.