YOSEMITE UPDATE disaster No Boot, TECH HELP please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi, I need help, I installed DP1 from IMZDL , and the minute it boots, I thought it was ok to update to DP8, again from the same site, and now my mac does not boot, it reaches the 24% of the loading screen, and then shuts down
I try different thing with no luck, now im on Verbose mode, single user, but I don't know what to do, the error goes like this

bootcachecontrol: unable to open /var/db/bootcache.playlist: 2 no such file or dir.

bash: /etc/rc.server: no such file or dir

FIPS USER Space POST: Integrity test Failed!

FIPS_POST Failed (date) localhost com.apple.xpc.launchd(1) <Emergency>: Boot Task Failed: fips shutting down

continuing

bootcache: render thread: vnode_getwithvid failed -

cpu halted :(

What can I do, I have bootCamp, and I can access windows normaly, and recovery options just wants to install Yosemite, with no luck, because it asks for an internet connection, and once it connect, it gets there forever, what can I Try?

Thanks a lot

My system in an Early 2013 MBP Retina 15Inch
Thanks!
Max.-

C

chas_m

Hi, I need help, I installed DP1 from IMZDL

So let me make sure I have this correct: you pirated an old developer preview of Yosemite (public beta not good enough for you, I guess) and it hosed your system?

I FOR ONE AM SHOCKED.

Luckily, no big deal: restore Mavericks from your Time Machine backup, and this time try a legit copy like PB3, also known as DP8. Or just wait for the formal release, probably not more than four weeks away. There's still a lot of work to do on it in the meantime.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I've said it many times, but it bears repeating. Alpha/Beta/pre-released software, regardless of who it is from, should only be dealt with people who know what they are doing and more importantly are able to extricate themselves from situations that they'll invariably find themselves in because of in-progress software..

And for pete's sake people, you want to mess around with early access software, do it on a machine that is not your primary machine or something.

OP
T
Reaction score
chas_m :
Im Super Noob with this, I thought it was like installing windows, I was wrong, and I have no backups whatsoever, so I cant restore from time machine, I try with the recovery, but it only tries to connect to internet and nothing happens..-
Razor:
As I said, im super Noob, so I thought it was legit, not a pirated version, I have a Retina, so no need to pirate free software, is there any way to fix this problem, or I need to install Yosemite from USB, so it can update the Broken installation?, when is it going out, or where can I download the public beta, so I Make an USB Bootable (need help with that too), and update my installation?
Thanks!
Max.-

Reaction score
this is why you don't pirate mac os x in a nut shell.

See mac os x contains a plist file called don't steal mac os x.plist this plist calls home if the software was stolen congratulations you just bricked a macintosh oh and by the way thinking apple will help you is where you are wrong apple won't help you because you installed a non supported version of there o.s

OP
T
Reaction score
John:
You are not being very helpful, and im not silly, The MBPr is working, and I have installed windows 8.1 on it with bootcamp, I DID not pirate anything, it was just a silly mistake, and if you don't want to help, you can ignore my future post :)
So here is another question, if I wait for Yosemite on the 21 the next month, will I be able to update this installation without loosing any data?
Thanks!
Max.-

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not having any backups is a bad idea. Grab an external HD that and set up Time Machine to backup your data to it at least. It's the easiest and cheapest to get a backup going.

You likely had Mavericks on this machine before you tried to install Yosemite. The installer for Mavericks is needed to do a re-installation. If, however, your machine came with Mavericks and you didn't upgrade to it, you can't get the installer through iTunes since the Recovery Partition is the way you re-install. Sine that is no option for you, you have to now find a friend with the Mavericks installer and use that to restore.

If that isn't the case and you upgraded to Mavericks, then you can grab the install from iTunes and re-install..

OP
T
Reaction score
Razor:
Thanks, but I read somewhere else, that I will not be able to reinstall mavericks, unless I delete all my data in the hdd, because I have a newer OsX, is that the case?
That's why im wondering if with a Bootable USB with PublicBeta2 of Yosemite , Im able to get it up and running again.-
I have my moms Air, neither of the two came with mavericks, so I can get a copy of it through ITunes on Another machine, but I will need help creating USB boot, and I don't want to loose all data, any links to the B2 if this re install of mavericks fails ?
Thanks!
Max.-

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Going backwards in OS X usually does involve a fresh install and thus losing of data. And since you don't have a backup of your data, this is not the route for you.

You can certainly try grabbing the latest official beta from https://appleseed.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/ and once signed in, create an USB installer using either of these instructions:
How to Create an OS X Yosemite USB Installer for the Public Beta
Pro tip: How to create a bootable USB installer for OS X Yosemite - TechRepublic

Since you are already running Yosemite, perhaps the installer will fix up whatever it broken and get you back up and running. The moment that happens you should create a fully backup of your data and then do a fresh install of Mavericks until Yosemite is released in a months time..

Be careful as you are going through the Yosemite installation to ensure that you don't inadvertently erase the HDD and lose your data..

OP
T
Reaction score
Razor!
Nothing, i cant update with the dp2 i have, because it cant update the current build, maybe if i wait for the next yosemite , i will be able to update this way, is this a correct assumption?, Or Will i have to delete everything?
Thanks again mate, last time installing beta software...

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Where did you get the DP from? If it was not from Apple then it's not legal and thus your issues.

OSX is just as easy if not easier to install as Windows ever was. There was something wrong with your DP you used.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Im Super Noob with this, I thought it was like installing windows, I was wrong, and I have no backups whatsoever, so I cant restore from time machine, I try with the recovery, but it only tries to connect to internet and nothing happens..

It more or less is like installing Windows. Having backups as a failsafe is just as important when upgrading Windows.

As I said, im super Noob, so I thought it was legit, not a pirated version, I have a Retina, so no need to pirate free software...

If it was legit, you'd be getting it direct from Apple. Besides, there is this disclaimer at the bottom of iMZDL's page:

© iMZDL 2014. This website is in no way affiliated with Apple, Inc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Guess it is too late to ask why you would do this to lovely 2013 MBP and why you do not have an external backup drive. If you can boot into any OS X operating system, try to run Recovery (Command + R after the chime), go into Utilities > Disk Utility and erase the hard drive and then into Recovery again to download a new version of Mavericks. Too bad about Boot Camp.

If you get Mavericks up and running, update to OS X.9.5 and then wait for the official release of Yosemite. And remember, if it ain't from Apple., it ain't legit period.

OP
T
Reaction score
Ok Here's the follow up, and Closure
I try to install mavericks, with no luck, because its OLDER than Yosemite
Tray to install DP2, but the installer quits with error "0", Update is a no go, and didn't want to loose all data so (here is to my friends johnodd4 and Lifeisabeach) I downloaded a Pirated copy of B2 Yosemite, make a Bootable USB with the Base OSX inside the DMG, and let the installation begins, with it, I was able to return to my Desktop, check for updates, there was a new update for Yosemite, that includes the Recovery Partition, So I updated Right Away, and the Computer Stops working forever!.....

lol, no that didn't happened, restart and everything is working fine, and at long last I have Yosemite installed, so I can have my TaskBar, BLACK! :S
Thanks! apple forum, and Special thanks to Razor
Max.-

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
We don't support piracy on these forums and I'm closing this thread down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.