Yosemite Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21 Inch - 3.1 GHz I7 Quad Core - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD, iPod Nano, iPad Air - 16GB Wifi Only
iMac: 3.1-quad core i7-16 GB RAM - upgraded to Yosemite. Since installing Yosemite I can not "close" or "quit" Safari. I can click on "Safari" on the Menu Bar and in the drop down list click on "Quit" or I can right click on Safari on the dock and there "Quit" is greyed out and I can't click on it to close Safari. I made sure everything was closed (except of course Safari which I can't close) and I try repeatedly to close Safari but I cannot close it. I have to shut down the computer to get Safari to close. Any suggestions on how to close Safari? Thanks, Bill

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
have you tried clicking on the apple logo and then force quit?

this will list all the apps you have open, safari should be one of them so click on that

T

Terry_C

I had a similar problem with Safari after a clean install of Yosemite, although I could close it many of the menu options were greyed out. I followed the advice here https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5275515 Step 1 in the first post and that cured it - I know not why. Whether it will for you I don't know but it's worth a try maybe?

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21 Inch - 3.1 GHz I7 Quad Core - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD, iPod Nano, iPad Air - 16GB Wifi Only
Even "force quit" did not quit Safari until I shut down the computer - powered back up - opened Safari before opening anything else, then used "Force Quit" and it closed Safari. Also - it opens and closes now as it did before I installed Yosemite!
Thanks for your suggestions on fixing this! Now if I can just get Notes to synch from my iMac to my iPhone!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.