YOSEMITE: I cannot access "resize" in Disk Utility :(

Reaction score
I installed Yosemite earlier today, and it looks good and seems to function nicely.

However, I want to resize my Windows 7 boot camp partition, so I ran Disk Utility and tried to resize the MacintoshHD partition first, so that I could then resize the Windows 7 partition from within Windows 7. Unfortunately, the resize icon is grayed out in Disk Utility, and I cannot figure out how to enable it. Any ideas? Am I going about resizing the correct way?

Thanks in advance for any info and/or answers.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Am I going about resizing the correct way?

No you're not. You can not resize the Macintosh HD partition because of the BC partition. And you can't resize the BC partition from within Windows 7. If you could, it would destroy the Windows 7 boot sector and may cause your OS X not to boot.

You need special software from Paragon called CampTune. ($19.95) You didn't mention which version of OS X you're running but CampTune works with Mavericks. If you have already updated to Yosemite, you'll have to inquire of Paragon to see if CampTune is compatible.

OP
jt1968
Reaction score
No you're not. You can not resize the Macintosh HD partition because of the BC partition. And you can't resize the BC partition from within Windows 7. If you could, it would destroy the Windows 7 boot sector and may cause your OS X not to boot.

You need special software from Paragon called CampTune. ($19.95) You didn't mention which version of OS X you're running but CampTune works with Mavericks. If you have already updated to Yosemite, you'll have to inquire of Paragon to see if CampTune is compatible.
Well, I'm really glad Yosemite didn't allow me to do this. LOL!!

Thanks for your reply. I will check out Camp Tune.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
No version of the Mac OS would allow resizing that way. That's a form of self-protection.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 5S, MacBook Pro, iPad
Camptunes X Compatibility with Yosemite

At the current time, Camptunes X is not compatible with Yosemite. The folks at Macupdate informed me that an update is expected within a few weeks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can download the updated version of CampTune direct from the Paragon web site when it's available. It's actually called "CampTune X".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
CampTune X Update

Any inside track on when that might be, chscag?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I searched the Paragon site but nothing to really indicate when it would be updated for Yosemite. I didn't check their forum though. You might want to take a look there. Click on my link above and then select their support forum. Let us know if you find anything out. Got to sign off for now and get going...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, chscag.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.