Yosemite has disabled many things.

Reaction score
I can no longer use certain apps, or reload them, because Yosemite does not recognize power apps, Also, I can no longer use my Epson Scanner to scan negatives into photos. Unfortunately, I also upgraded my laptop to Yosemite, so I am stuck in many ways. I want to get back to the OS version below Yosemite. Yosemite is horrible, even their new formatting is horrible. It takes me back to the days of dos formatting. There is an old saying: "If it isn't broken, don't fix it."

Last edited:
OP
P
Reaction score
My deepest concern is getting my Epson Perfection V500 PHOTO software to work. I need to scan some negatives for a documentary film. I had the latest OS when Yosemite came out - every thing was working fine at that time. I had successfully scanned some negatives while using Yosemite, and then all of a sudden it no longer recognized the scanner. I could still scan photos and images, but i could not use the BW Negative part. It would not recognize the scanner. i followed all of the instructions Epson support gave me but nothing worked. I believe Mac should get together with Epson, work it out, and then let us know what to do.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
If you could initially scan under Yosemite and now can't something else odd is going on.

BTW what did you mean by
. . . even their new formatting is horrible. It takes me back to the days of dos formatting.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.