Yosemite, Calendar & Postcodes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13.3" OS X 10.10
Hi,
Firstly, I hope I'm in the correct ballpark for this query, apologies if not.

Generally, I've found the new Yosemite OS X excellent with only one or two minor issues for me that I'm sure will be sorted sooner rather than later but overall, a big thumbs up from me!

However ONE BIG, FRUSTRATING ISSUE that I hope to find an answer to.

When entering locations in Calendar events, the Calendar automatically links to Apple Maps and offers "suggestions" of which every one only consists of a 3 digit postcode!!
Although this is an excellent & useful idea, in it's current form it's pretty useless as the "suggestion" can often be well off the desired location and can lead to issues (in one way systems etc. etc).

The problem is, there does not appear to be any way of overriding these address "suggestions" and entering the full 6 digit postcode manually so my question is.........

Is there any way of disabling the link between the Calendar & Apple Maps or is there a way of disabling the "suggestion" option or better still, is there a way of entering the full 6 digit postcode?

Any help GREATLY appreciated, thank you...................Brian.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
6 digit postcode - don't you mean 7 or 8 including the mandatory space?

Reaction score
same problem with calendar

There have been two threads on this question but no answers yet. In Yosemite Calendar suggests place names and also maps and it is hard to get rid of them. Why can't we turn this off? It is ridiculous.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP17 8GB/1.9TB 2xSSDs Sierra • MBA11 4/128GB • TC 2TB • TV3 • iPh6 128GB • iPadPro12
In Mavericks, if I continue to type the rest of the postcode, the suggested address and map link disappear. Is not so in Yosemite? That would be most annoying!

C

chas_m

I'm trying to duplicate this and cannot. When I start typing in an address for the location of an event, I get only a list of similarly-named nearby locations. I don't get Apple Maps at all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.