Yosemite and Word are not compatable

Reaction score
Why is Word shutting down since I just upgraded to Yosemite? I am ready to throw this Mac out the window and go back to a PC. Does anyone have a quick solution to this problem? while I am writing papers and it just shuts down and forces me to reopen and save the retrieved document under another name. Not only is my desktop littered with re-saved documents, I also loose everything not saved up to that point.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
It would really really really really help if you told us what version of Word or MS Office you are using.

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 for Mac and it is 12.3.1

Thanks for the info.:) Microsoft Office 2008 is supposed to work with Yosemite. Is your MS Office 2008 fully updated?

- Nick

OP
G
Reaction score
for some reason it will not update. The office update comes through and I click install... it will begin but gets to a certain point and stops. It asks about the location and none of the options available are acceptable so I close it out.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
for some reason it will not update. The office update comes through and I click install... it will begin but gets to a certain point and stops.

Do you know if your version of MS Office fully updated. If it's fully updated…that could be one reason why it is not updating.

It asks about the location and none of the options available are acceptable so I close it out.

What options are you given? Or better yet…why are the options you are given not acceptable?

One more question. Did you purchase this copy of MS Office 2008 (you have original install disk & serial number)?

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Sometimes it is necessary to uninstall and use your CD to install another clean copy. Keep your activation code handy. Your version has a built in Uninstaller.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
for some reason it will not update. The office update comes through and I click install... it will begin but gets to a certain point and stops. It asks about the location and none of the options available are acceptable so I close it out.

Where does the application reside on your hard drive? If you moved it out of Applications, or into a folder within Applications, the updater will not find it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.