Yosemite 10.1.1

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
About the same here - I've had one 'restart' while on Facebook and today, a frozen login screen from sleep - had to use the power button and reboot; also, reduced transparency (just did not like the 'see through' effect) and made dark backgrounds in the menu bar & dock. Dave :)

C

chas_m

Have not had to restart the machine at all since the first beta, apart from system updates like 10.10.1. Yosemite has been stable as the rock on my desktop for me.*

*to be fair, I don't have any POP email accounts and haven't had the Wi-Fi problems people have mentioned. I have used this mid-2012 computer in Yosemite as my work/daily/production machine since the GM betas, no issues at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Have not had a crash once since Public Beta Release 1 back in what - July?

C

chas_m

The biggest issue I had during the beta-testing phase was that iMovie wouldn't launch (though iDVD, long discontinued, worked perfectly -- what the --), and that during Beta 1 my preferred FTP programs and Safari extensions didn't work. All sorted in due course obviously, that's why they call it a beta.

I'm not meaning to make it sound like Yosemite is without flaw, just passing on my real-world experience with it from the early betas to present. Since I didn't (nor could) test all possible apps and scenarios, there's still plenty of room for problems I continue to be unaware of, but for me and my intensive internet/writing/editing/audio work, it ran so well I was sorely tempted to make it my primary OS by beta 3.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.