Yahoo search redirect

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.7GHz i5 (27 inch mid 2011)
I'm using Firefox 72.02 on a mid 2011 27" 2.7GHz i5, 10.13.

Google search is being replaced by Yahoo. Where are the gremlins to delete?

Thanks.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ian: The instructions at that link don't work for me. My 3 bar menu does not show options.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmmm. Fixed now. The Search tab in Firefox preferences now has a drop menu showing Google as the default search engine.

Previously, where it said "This is your default search engine blah blah", there was no drop menu showing or allowing you to choose any search engine.

The only change I made was to disable safe search in the addons selection of the 3 bar menu. But I see it has been enabled again.

But thank God, the yahoo search is gone,

Reaction score
Hmm, I run into the same problem, and it persisted. That is, there was a redirect agent in the background. I had to fully refresh Firefox, and also I applied an antivirus tool to kill the underlying malware (or ensure there is none).

Reaction score
Here is the screenshot. It is from the Yahoo removal guide for macs, but basically, Firefox runs the same way in macs and windows and Linux (any system supporting it).
refresh-firefox.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.