Xfinity vs latest OS update

Reaction score
Setting up WiFi downtimes for certain devices in my home used to be easy. Now it’s impossible. Not only does the downtime schedule not work (for an iPad and iPhone), it takes my iPhone offline until I cancel the schedule. In checking the Xfinity “help” forum, I read “Apple’s new releases of iOS 15 and macOS Monterey include an internet privacy service called iCloud Private Relay. If this feature is enabled, xFi Parental Controls filtering and Active Time Details won’t work.”

Can anyone confirm that this might be the problem? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
You can check to see if Private Relay is enabled in, Settings >Apple ID. Select iCloud and Private Relay s there, if enabled disable and see if things work for you.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thank you so much, but there’s no option to enable or disable Private Relay. The only mention is in an ad promoting iCloud Plus, as follows.

Get More with iCloud+
Up to 12 TB of storage
Share with your family
Private Relay
Hide My Email
HomeKit Secure Video
Upgrade to iCloud+

Last edited:
OP
B
Reaction score
Thank you so much, but there’s no option to enable or disable Private Relay. The only mention is in an ad promoting iCloud Plus, as follows.

Get More with iCloud+
Up to 12 TB of storage
Share with your family
Private Relay
Hide My Email
HomeKit Secure Video
Upgrade to iCloud+

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Assuming you want to turn it off on your iPhone, tap Settings, then your name to get to iCloud settings. Now tap "iCloud" and scroll down to where you see "iCloud+" where the first option is "Private Relay" with an on/off option. If you aren't using iCloud+, then Private Relay is NOT the problem with your setup. It's only there if you use iCloud+, in which cast it can be toggled on/off where I have pointed you to.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I don’t have or want iCloud+, so I guess I still don’t know the solution to my problem. I just got the latest Xfinity equipment, so it’s not a bad connection. I have a feeling it has do do with Xfinity‘s system not being compatible with Apple‘s latest updates as I mentioned in my original post.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.