• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Xbox Live help.

Reaction score
Hi, I recently bought Microsoft Wireless N Networking adapter so I could play Xbox Live.

I was wondering how to set it up.

Currently, I have a G5 Mac with Optus Wireless Broadband (it's a USB stick).

Do I need any additional hardware besides the Adapter and the items I just noted?

Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
just go into system settings on the xbox and connect to the wireless network with the network adapter for the xbox you got. go here if you need help.

OP
J
Reaction score
just go into system settings on the xbox and connect to the wireless network with the network adapter for the xbox you got. go here if you need help.

I read that and under 'What you need' part it says for wireless I need:
* An Xbox LIVE compatible router, gateway, or
wireless access point (WAP)
* An Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter
* High-speed Internet access
* A computer with a network card

I have all that except WAP.

For my internet, I just plug in the Optus Wireless BroadBand USB stick into a USB port and connect it via desktop. I don't have a router or anything like that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
oh man that's a tough one now. i know you can bridge a wireless connection to a wired connection to your xbox using a windows machine but i don't think you can do that using a mac. i will have to dig up some stuff to see if we can get it working. its a lot harder now since you don't have an external modem or router.

OP
J
Reaction score
oh man that's a tough one now. i know you can bridge a wireless connection to a wired connection to your xbox using a windows machine but i don't think you can do that using a mac. i will have to dig up some stuff to see if we can get it working. its a lot harder now since you don't have an external modem or router.

Alright, any help is greatly appreciated.
I'll be checking back daily at around this time to see if you have any news to share.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.