Wrong Time

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
Now I've spent most my day looking across the Internet and found nothing, so I will post my dilemma

Basically the Time is an Hour out of Date, it's set to Automatically Update based on time.apple.com but there is a Problem, I can't select the Correct Time Zone.

So it is displaying the Time for GMT rather than BST (GMT +1), now it was working fine up until Saturday when I spotted this.

I have tried so far...

-Resetting the PRAM (I don't even know what that is)
-Removing System Preferences plist
-Using Onyx to Repair and Reset everything

I don't know what else I can do to be honest, bar from Reinstalling but it seems such a harsh step for the time being out of Date by an Hour.

Now I could set it manually but then all the Websites and related Technology provide me with the Wrong Time which is annoying.

Anyone had this problem before?

If it helps I'm running 10.4.9 Intel Core Duo 2 iMac

Cheers

Reaction score
What happens if you open date and time from the clock in the menu bar, go to Time Zone, click on Britain somewhere, type in London in case it says Cardiff, hit return and close the window? (It might accept Birmingham.)

OP
BIG D 04
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yea I tried that, just doesn't work.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I just tried it here even though I live in the US with 10.4.9. Set it for London and it worked. Don't know what is going on. First I have ever heard of this issue. Will see what I can find. What time is it there right now if you see this?

OP
BIG D 04
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry I went to play a few games online...

UK Time (BST): 11:00 PM
Time on my Mac: 10:00 PM
Time Zone on my Mac: GMT
Location Selected for my Mac: London - England

Worth noting I tried Lisbon, Dublin, Edinburgh and Cardiff and all came up with GMT as the Time Zone and the Incorrect Time.

Although I think the fact is currently saying GMT is a bit of a fluke as I selected Paris (CEST) then when I selected Cardiff again it still had the Time Zone as CEST.

Hope that Helps.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Sorry I went to play a few games online...

UK Time (BST): 11:00 PM
Time on my Mac: 10:00 PM
Time Zone on my Mac: GMT
Location Selected for my Mac: London - England

Worth noting I tried Lisbon, Dublin, Edinburgh and Cardiff and all came up with GMT as the Time Zone and the Incorrect Time.

Although I think the fact is currently saying GMT is a bit of a fluke as I selected Paris (CEST) then when I selected Cardiff again it still had the Time Zone as CEST.

Hope that Helps.

On a Windows laptop on a computer call right now. As soon as I get home will check and see what is up with the GMT and get back to you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB memory, 160GB hard drive, Leopard, 20" Widescreen Samsung Display
I have the same issue on both my Macbook Pro and my wife's macbook. All the settings say BST but the actual time shown is GMT. Seems like the apple euroclock is incorrect?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
We have the same problem in Australia with some States putting back daylight saving one week to April 5 and not last Saturday in March. Sure it will all correct itself this Saturday. Any chance you guys have something similar?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.