Wrong Person in To field of Mail

C

chas_m

In Mail, there is a "Previous Recipients" list in the View menu. Scroll through there and you might well find the erroneous association with your email address, and be able to erase it.

OP
Z
Reaction score
No Previous Recipients

"In Mail, there is a "Previous Recipients" list in the View menu. "

Can't see it. I'm Mail Version 6.2 (1499)

I know it was once there, in proir levels, but no longer it seems.

Any Idea where it could be - I'd take a screenshot but the menu pull down dissappears when I go to preview.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Z
Reaction score
Can't see it. I'm Mail Version 6.2 (1499)

Previous Recipients is under the WINDOW tab of this Mail version, however there
is no trace of SOMEONEELSE in Previous Recipients – ? BTW SOMEONEELSE was a name associated with an email that was once in my account.

Who's clever enough to solve this one!

OP
Z
Reaction score
In Mail, there is a "Previous Recipients" list in the View menu. Scroll through there and you might well find the erroneous association with your email address, and be able to erase it.

Any other thoughts?

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. I was finally able to in the name in my "Previous Recipients" list. When I deleted it, the problem was solved. Yea1

OP
Z
Reaction score
That's the simple case not this case

Glad it helped - but n one can solve the more insidious case. Maybe I need a difeferent forum?

Looking to someone who really wants to solve this... but we're all busy
:\

Reaction score
Wrong person in to field

I had the name 'Test Test' in my to field on e-mails coming in. To change this I right clicked on the to name showing and selected 'Show contact card'. You can then edit this and put in a correct name.
This will hopefully sort your problem if you already haven't sorted it.

No idea though how it changed to 'Test Test'!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.