Would someone help me re-install photobooth

Reaction score
My girlfriend has somehow caused a problem with photo booth, It appears to be running (the little triangle below the icon in the dock). It will not force-quit and if i try to launch it from Finder, I get an error = -600 or something. Basically, it won't do anything, launch or quit.

Can i simply insert the original install disk and install only that App over top of the existing one? Never done this - please a little hand holding needed. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
can u restart the computer ?

OP
F
Reaction score
I'll try that in a bit- I'm running Media Fork at the moment so didn't even think to do that. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
ok. yh try a restart if not pm me and i will carry on with this thread.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini DC 1.66, Powerbook G4
Is it set to launch on boot up? If so, just right click on it in the dock and untick "open at login."

Then, drag the icon from your dock and to the desktop and it should disappear. Then go to finder and your applications and find photobooth - then drag this to your dock.

Now repair permissions and all should be fine.

If you are unable to drag and drop the corrupt program icon from your dock and replace with a new one, just close down your computer (not sleep) and leave it off for at least 30 secs, then reboot it up again.

Now you should be able to do the above and then repair permissions.

Reaction score
Please i need help for my photobooth

the problem is that on the photobooth icon it has a question mark ? and it does not want to open up the same thing fot system preferences it really is bothering me please can anyone help , by the way i could not find photo booth in finder neither can system preferences can be found i think i deleted it them please can anyone help me thank you .

Reaction score
Photobooth Question Mark

I had the question mark appear as well and this was followed by it going missing in my appliactions folder or vice versa.

To reinstall it I used the program pacifist as someone had mentioned to me. I had trouble finding the photobooth at first. To find it open pacifist once it is installed and go the third option which is to open apple install discs. Insert disc 1 and open it. It will read the disc, ask for disc 2 and ask for disc 1 again. Once it is completed it gives you a search option at the top. Type in photo booth and it will locate the app file you need to install the program. I hope it works for you.

Reaction score
Thanks to those who commented on this thread. Was experiencing the same issue with the missing application, and with the help pf Pacifist it was back in no time. I might even see if I can repair my daughter's iPhoto problem with this method!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.