• Mac-Forums.com will not in any way, shape, or form be held liable for anything that happens in this forum. It is up to you to make a sound decision on whether to buy or sell to someone here. This forum is only provided as a convenience for our memebers.

Use of this forum is at your own risk.

For further information on protecting yourself in online transactions, please visit the usa.gov-online-safety website.

A few things to keep in mind:

• This forum is use at your own risk
    • The moderators and staff of this forum will have nothing to do with private transactions. Use common sense!
    • Flaming and personal attacks are prohibited and you could be banned without warning for participating in such things.
    • This forum will only be visible by members
    • The most basic rule is USE YOUR COMMON SENSE!!
    • Our forum rules prohibit the discussion of Hackintoshes, this includes the sale of such machines. Any thread advertising a Hackintosh for sale will be deleted and punitive actions may be taken.

Note: Only users with enough posts, an adequate period of time as a member here, and in good reputation standing are able to post in this forum.

Worldsmediashop.com = Scam

Reaction score
I personally tried this site, this guy posts on here as user WORLDSMEDIASHOP and says cheap laptops blah blah blah.

Well yes, they are cheap, but it's all a lie.

http://www.worldsmediashop.wordpress.com

I made this blog to post about it and already have another person telling me they have a similar story so I am going to add theirs to the blog as well.

Anyone who has used this site please share with me, I want it to be pressured into to being shut down.

Please, do not deal with this guy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
this guy was going to sell me a 16GB iphone,But after talking to him It seems to good to be true...his prices were way too low to be realistic.But the one thing that caught my attention was that he had paypal but no ebay account,That is what set off the red light.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Everyone knows trustworthy e-commerce sites are hosted on a wordpress blog. ;)

Sorry to hear you got scammed dude!

Reaction score
Yep we had a brief discussion about this last week here in his thread. I think it was summed up as "no one sells a new laptop for $800 less than retail".

Many were tempted because of the low price. If it sounds too good to be true, then it is.

OP
N
Reaction score
Everyone knows trustworthy e-commerce sites are hosted on a wordpress blog. ;)

Sorry to hear you got scammed dude!

Oops. The Blog is what I made in order for people to see my story. The actual site is http://www.worldsmediashop.com

And I am glad to see that other people notice this also and agree. The guy is a scam and trust me, I am using every resource I have to find out more about him because I am going to make sure he gets what he deserves.

I did NOT lose any money, but he wasted about 3 weeks of my time and I hate having to call me credit card company to cancel things like this which I had to do.

Reaction score
Well at least you did not lose any money. When people get scammed, they lose money.

I lost money through a similar website. But I could not get anything back because i actually did money order.

OP
N
Reaction score
I am very sorry to hear that. Yeah money orders are NEVER safe, I refuse to do them because scamming with them has become so popular.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz MacBook Pro SR
Yep....I too am a victim. I was really sketchy about doing it in the first place but after talking to him through a lot of emails and on AIM I felt more comfortable and made a bad choice. I paid with a CC and filed a dispute for the charges just now.

This is a huge lesson learned. Trust your gut.

Reaction score
did all of you guys get your money back or not... so stop complaining. it was a vendor problem, not mine. i told you guys that i am not after your money. my business is legit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz MacBook Pro SR
I am still waiting on mine.......

Reaction score
i already sent you the refund. email me if you didnt receive an email from me the other day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
So should worldsmediashop be banned as its a scam ? Or is this not breaking the forum rules.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
So should worldsmediashop be banned as its a scam ? Or is this not breaking the forum rules.

Although the basic forum rules do apply, as noted in the announcement at the top of the forum, we do not police the members that sell or buy items here.

Just to make this perfectly clear, this forum is to be used AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.