Word for Mac Templates in Yosemite

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How can I access and manage MS Word for Mac templates in Yosemite?

The same way you would in previous versions of OS X. Assuming you have Mac Word installed, the template can be opened from within Word, edited, and saved again as a template from the Word drop down menu. As far as any management is concerned, Mac Word will place all your personal templates in a separate folder different from the included templates.

OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks, but what I would like to do is delete or rename some templates. In Lion I could access the directory by using the alternate key, but that does not seem to work in Yosemite.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, I understand what you're trying to do now. In Yosemite, Finder, Option + Go, Library.

Or, you can just unhide your library from the terminal:

chflags nohidden ~/Library

Press enter.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
He's using Yosemite Craig. The view options do not look the same as they did in Mavericks and you first have to select your user name.

Reaction score
This is Yosemite. Open a Finder window, View-View Options.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's what I did, mine looks different than what you're showing. It might be because I already have my library showing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.