Won't boot

Reaction score
Hi

I have a MacBook here which doesn't boot. When the power button is pressed the white led lights and the display flashes on and off once and then there's no further action.

Can anybody give me an idea where to look for the cause or what to try? Thanks.

Regards

Martin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive
Hi

I have a MacBook here which doesn't boot. When the power button is pressed the white led lights and the display flashes on and off once and then there's no further action.

Can anybody give me an idea where to look for the cause or what to try? Thanks.

Regards

Martin

Is the battery dead? May try plugging it in and then try to boot it.

OP
A
Reaction score
This did not help, plugged in even with the battery removed did not make a difference.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive
This did not help, plugged in even with the battery removed did not make a difference.

Dang, was hoping it'd be an easy fix :Shouting:

Anyhow, is it a fairly new laptop? Still under warranty? Apple care? You may want to take it to the local Apple store.

One last thing. Maybe try booting to the install disk that came with the system? If that works then you may want to try to try reinstalling the OS? If that doesn't work then maybe it's the monitor that's b0rked? Is the contrast up?

Just some ideas. If none of that solves the problem, i'd take it the apple.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.