• Welcome to the new Mac-Forums. See News and Community Announcements for more details.

Wireless Networking FAQ

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 2008 MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone XS, 2015 iMac 16 GB 10.15.5 beta
You're on a roll. First revising the backup thread now this. To quote C. M. Burns Exxxcellent.

Reaction score
why does my wireless internet on my apple mac leopard version always drop out at night it drives my crazy

Reaction score
Connectivity

Hello....I solved part of my wi-fi problem. I just switched from a Cisco lynsis router to an Apple airport express. I kept the same network name, but changed the password. Not a good idea, change the network name and know it logs on every time. Thanks for the input from one of the members, sorry can't remember which one. I have an other problem, my connectivity via wi-fi is at times unstable. When my menu bar indicates that I have lost the internet connection I check my iphone and try to access safari, no problem, yet my laptop is telling me different. I go to my airport utility, where i get an amber light on the internet and green on my airport express. I click on internet and it shows disconnected. Is there a setting that I need to adjust this never happened with my old router. Help and thank you :[