Wireless mighty mouse/apple keyboard??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
I've had the wired versions of both of them since I got my Mac, because I'd read alot of bad reviews of the wireless ones on Apple.com

But now, i'm starting to wonder if they're really that bad. I know about the 'standard' complaints (e.g. THE SCR0LL BAWL CLOGGED UP!!!) but i heard the wireless ones take forever to connect to the Mac when you boot it up and stuff.

So, can someone who has a wireless mighty mouse or apple keyboard tell me if they've had these problems??

M

MacHeadCase

I've used a wireless Mighty Mouse since September 2006 on my iMac G5 and no problems like you describe here. Yes the scroll ball does need some cleaning with a cotton swab (or absorbent cotton ball) with a tiny bit of rubbing alcohol on it ( so it doesn't dribble inside the mechanism) once in a while (like maybe once every two or three months) but other than that, it works fine. No connection problems either.

As for the keyboard, I have the model that came with the iMac (the wired model).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I have the Blutooth Apple Keyboard and have had zero problems with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
No problems here with either the BT mighty mouse or the BT keyboard. Battery life is long, connection is quick, range is good -- almost too good! When I take my MB from my office to my living room (maybe 40 feet, two walls) I always have to go back to the office to turn off the mouse -- trackpad will not work because the "mouse is present".

Love them both!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Well, I don't know about you smurfy but I'm sold! I've been thinking about wireless BT mouse/keyboard for quite some time now.

It's time to take the plunge! My printer is BT and I love it. Plus, I just hate all the wires, they take away from that nice clean Mac look. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
I've used the Apple BT keyboard and mouse from Day one (Sept 06). To be fair I had a little clogging but if you just invert the mouse and roll the ball vigourously it solves the problem. The keyboard has been faultless

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 120gb HD, 2.0ghz, 1gb Ram.
I have had my wirlesss mighty mouse about a month and a half now and i absolutely love it. I didnt find it hard to get used to at all.

I have yet to clean it though.

Reaction score
I just got my BT mighty mouse yesterday... so far so good.. I need to try to setup the side buttons for back and forward with firefox. can that be done?

-overall the BT is fast and responsive as ever.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.