Wireless connection lost after wake up

Reaction score
My Imac does not connect automatically to my wireless network when I wake up it from sleep mode. I have to manually select my network but it remembers my WPA keys. Software is up to date. Mac guy at the store says it's a known problem and he has the same issue. He also mention not to put the hard drive to sleep mode..by doing this more energy will be used. This is annoying...please help because this never happen on my pc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4
Do you have your airport set to join "preferred network" in system preferences? When you wake your imac from sleep, what does the airport satus icone show, Is it gray lines or black lines?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
To elaborate on dadsgravy, when you open up "Network" in your system preferences and then navigate to Airport in the second drop-down box (labeled "show"), you have the option of of saying "By default, join [Automatic/Preferred Networks]." Try changing it to preferred networks and make sure that your network is on that list and at the top. Good luck.

Picture2-2.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4
To elaborate on dadsgravy, when you open up "Network" in your system preferences and then navigate to Airport in the second drop-down box (labeled "show"), you have the option of of saying "By default, join [Automatic/Preferred Networks]." Try changing it to preferred networks and make sure that your network is on that list and at the top. Good luck.

Picture2-2.jpg

Great team work! Pitty that I was caught being lazy!;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not so much lazy as perhaps not having as much free time as me :D

No school and work in the evenings... I can only spend so much time running and sleeping you know.

TEXAST: What's the word, did it work?

OP
T
Reaction score
Followed your instructions and it works! Thanks for all your help. This is a great forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Awesome, that's good to hear.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" ibook g4, 1.42ghz. 512mb ram, 60gb hdd
Now that you know how to fix the problem you should go back to the mac store and tell the mac genius hehe, maybe you'd get a job there!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.