Wireless config setting keep vanishing - mac mini

Reaction score
Hi folks, I'm pretty new to Macs so I hope this is a straightforward question for all you veterans! It's about the wireless part of my Mac mini (mid 2013) running Yosemite. Recently I could not get access to the internet. I saw that there were some settings missing so I copied over the settings I have on my MacBook air- this worked fine and i could connect. This morning (2 dye later), I find that the same has happened again. Now I'd like to remove the network (like forget network on the iPhone) and start again, but I don't see that option. Does anyone here know the best way forward? Or maybe have an idea why this is happening?
Some background:
Other devices work fine
Settings in question are, iirc, tcp/ip & dns
3g Wireless router (Huawei)
Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Hi and welcome to the forums :)

To 'forget' a network, click the little  top left of screen, then System Preferences. Once that Window opens, click on 'Network' and then the 'Advanced' tab.
When the dropdown window appears, make sure the WiFi tab is highlighted, and in that Window, look for the Network you want to 'Forget' then click the - (minus sign) to get rid of it. This will then remove the Network from your machine.
As to whats happening with your network, that is hard to answer, not knowing your Network Config, ISP and so on.
If you really need help setting up, most ISP's, have a IT Help department that help you set up the Modem/Router to get you connected, as they have ALL the settings for nearly every Modem/Router out there.

HTH

Cheers

OP
F
Reaction score
Thanks

Hi,
thanks for a super-fast answer!

That was weird - i tried that last time and couldn't get rid of the network - this time it worked - i had to reenter my password.

Anyway, all is sweet now.

Many thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.