Windows XP Help on VMWare Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I just bought and downloaded VMWare Fusion 3.0 for my Macbook Pro.

I have a serial number for Windows XP and I was wondering if there is anyway or anywhere on the internet I can download a free trial and enter in the serial number because I do not have the disc. Also, it cannot be a torrent because I am at college and the network will not allow us to download torrents.

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you have a legal serial number and license for Windows XP, you can borrow a copy from a friend, burn it, and then use that copy and your serial number to install and activate it. This is perfectly legal and even recommended by MS customer support for folks who have lost or damaged their original copy.

You just need to make sure that the copy you borrow and burn is the exact same as what your serial number corresponds to. In other words, if your SN is for a boxed MS XP Home SP2 full install, then you need to borrow the same version.

Regards.

OP
S
Reaction score
what if...haha let's say this a friend of mine...and he actually just has the serial number because he downloaded serial box. does he have any options? hypothetically speaking, of course.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I'm afraid your friend is out of luck.

We don't permit discussion of software piracy here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.