Windows Virus

Reaction score
I have a MacBook Pro running OS-X 10.10.2 with the latest security update. I am also running Parallels running Windows 8.1. I downloaded a message from a Beth Svetich purporting to be from the USPS. It told me to download an attachment and print a label to take to the PO to get a package. Now, since I've been expecting a package and haven't received it and know that sometimes UPS leaves packages at the PO, I downloaded and ran the stupid thing. I am normally not that stupid. Honest. However, I did it. I am pretty certain the thing is a Windows Virus and that I've been infected. How do I get rid of it or don't I need to?

I have shut off Parallels, so maybe I don't have to. Thanks.
--

Larry

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Very unwise downloading from folks you do not know. Whilst Mac OS X has no viruses, the Windows setup via BootCamp or Parallels is quite suspectible to viruses. Go to Microsoft and download Microsoft Security Essentials, install, update and run it to see if the virus shows up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.