Windows Terminal

CJ5

Reaction score
I recently upgraded to Catalina version 10.15.4. Now I have a new icon in my dock for "terminal" From the internet search I've done this appears to be a Windows developer tool. I don't write code nor would I ever consider myself a developer:) Can I delete this? If so how do I delete it. Right click on the icon gives me an option to "quit" or I can "show in finder" but I don't think either option deletes the program. Thanks. CJ5

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rdGen, iPhone 13 ProMax, Watch S7, 2018 15" MBP, AirPods Pro
Terminal is integral to macOS, so you can not delete the app. You can Quit the app, then remove it from the dock.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
I have a new icon in my dock for "terminal" From the internet search I've done this appears to be a Windows developer tool. CJ5
It is not a Windows tool or a developer tool.
It is the Mac version of a common unix tool. It is for people who want to use unix-style commands on their computer. It's part of what makes MacOS uniquely powerful. Many programs are just a graphical interface to commands available in the Terminal.
HTH

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.