Windows on a macbook

Reaction score
Hi

I just wanted to know if I install windows on my mac book will i need to make my hard drive bigger and will i also have to make the memory bigger? As I just purchased my mac book last week.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do about the hard drive. You just have to determine how much space you want to allot to each OS. Think about a lot, because you can't adjust after it's done. You'll have to do a complete reinstall.

How much memory do you have? Are you installing XP or Vista? If it's XP, whatever you have should be fine. If it's Vista, you need at least 1 gig, but I would recommend 2. I don't know about Macbooks, but on my MBP installation of more memory was very easy. Apple offers instructions on their site under support.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
I would recommend 2 GB of memory. 1 GB should work on your MacBook, but you could see slowness.

As for the hard drive: if you do a minimal installation of Windows you should be okay with the 120 GB hard drive found on the black MacBook (which is what you say you have). You may find yourself upgrading the hard drive at a later stage, but fortunately it's very easy to do.

What fleurya is referring to is the fact that you should determine up front how much space you want to allocate to Windows.

Best of luck!

Reaction score
i got a question too
ive downloaded bootcamp beta at http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/and it all worked fine untill i wanted to install the drivers, that is burned on a disc in the start off the process, then i couldn't move my mouse at all had too restart my macbook and when i then logged on windows again too try and fix it i still couldn't move the mouse but my mac still works
sry for the double reply dont know how too delete reply

Reaction score
You'll need an external USB mouse, as windows can't recognise the internal touch pad until it has the drivers installed for it. Pretty silly I know.

I think the keyboard does work basically however without any drivers, so you could try just clicking yes / next etc. with tab and enter keys. Once drivers are installed you should be fine. It is all automated (in XP SP2 anyway).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.