Windows Media Player

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2Ghz 1GB ram 100GB hd
It seems that every time that I attempt to download WMV it shows that it downloads as a ".stix" so then there is no way to run it or download it as an app. I was wondering if there is a site where I could just download it and not have to select an app to open it or if anyone could help me get it running from the .stix format that it comes. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
I'm confused! If you can download Windows Media Player, why do you need Flip4Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I'm confused! If you can download Windows Media Player, why do you need Flip4Mac?

you dont need flip4mac. its just another option. I think you will find people prefer flip4mac more than WMP.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2Ghz 1GB ram 100GB hd
No it still doesnt seem to work it downloads the applications as a .stix file and then when I open it, it asks what application I would like to open it with.....Is there another way aroudn this or should I try to open it with a certain application?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.