windows 7 64-bit Macbook white Unibody problems

Reaction score
I recently installed windows 7 64-bit on my new macbook unibody white 13'', but it seems like none of the drivers are included, and the cd drive is not detected, ethernet is also not detected. what should I do?

I installed it using boot camp.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
How did you install if the cd/dvd drive isn't working?

Was it a full retail version of Windows?

You caould get a demo version of Parallels or VMWare fusion down. Load it up in OSX and have it add your boot camp partition as a VM. Then you can run the bootcamp driver installer from your Leopard/Snow Leopard disc using the virtual machine under OSX.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I recently installed windows 7 64-bit on my new macbook unibody white 13'', but it seems like none of the drivers are included, and the cd drive is not detected, ethernet is also not detected. what should I do?

I installed it using boot camp.

Did you read the Boot Camp instructions included with your copy of Snow Leopard? You need to insert your Snow Leopard DVD while Windows 7 is running. Driver installation will start automatically. If your Superdrive is not being detected, you'll probably need to do the install again.

After the drivers are installed, the Boot Camp updater will notify you that an update to Boot Camp is ready to be downloaded. Download it and install it. That will be Boot Camp 3.1 which contains the latest drivers for Windows 7.

Remember, you have to do the installation from within Windows 7 and likewise for the update.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 4,1 --> 5,1 6 Core X5680
As far as I know, Apple doesnt make 64-bit windows drivers. Only 32.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Aluminum 2.4, 4g mem, 640 gig drive
The 64-bit drivers are on the snow leopard dvd.

Reaction score
You need to have the bootcamp 3.0 setup for it to work with the 64-bit version of windows 7. Should be on the Snow Leopard install DVD.

OP
J
Reaction score
used boot camp on the osx snow leapord cd, everything works now, except for the wireless internet, also when I plug in the ethernet, the internet does not work even though I know its on, but it detects the connection. help please!

Reaction score
Maybe download the BootCamp 3.1 file and put it on a thumbdrive while you are in OSX. Then reboot into Windows and update BootCamp (and hopefully your drivers as well) from the thumbdrive. Or burn the file to a CD while in OSX.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
used boot camp on the osx snow leapord cd, everything works now, except for the wireless internet, also when I plug in the ethernet, the internet does not work even though I know its on, but it detects the connection. help please!

Use the new connection wizard from Windows 7. It will walk you through the setup. Do it using the ethernet connection first. Once ethernet is working, you can setup the wireless connection.

Also... you don't say if you're using a router. You may need to reset the router if you are.

Regards.

Reaction score
i'm having the same prob. bought a new macbook white unibody. installed windows 7 64 bit. followed all the instructions. installed win 7 64 bit. then ran the bootcamp. seems bootcamp only supplies 32 bit support even though there are files and folders that say 64 bit. well everything works, except the **** internet, which i need for a lot of my programs. ethernet worked but the **** wireless card seems to be unsupported. please help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.