Will there be a new range of macs in january 2012?

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a MacBook pro but ive been told to wait until January as there might be a new range does anybody know if this is the case?

C

chas_m

No, nobody knows. At least, nobody outside Apple who's telling.

There's been a bit of talk that the MacBook Pro line might get a small bump later this month or next. That would be nice, as I'm hoping to buy myself one for xmas, but I'll get one either way.

Personally I think Apple will be pretty much done for the year after the press conference on the 4th or 5th. Beyond that, nobody really knows.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Unlikely there will be a new range of any Macs until Intel starts selling a new range of chips.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 Macbook Pro 3,1
This page on macrumors can be useful:

Mac Buyer's Guide: Know When to Buy Your Mac, iPod or iPhone

It tells you the average time between each mac product upgrade and the amount of time that has elapsed since the last upgrade. That can mean nothing, but it is something to consider. I wish I had waited a little longer. I've had my mac for 4 years, always knowing that if I had waited just a couple months I would have a much better system.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.