Will the Apple Store help me remove this last screw I'm having a very hard time takin

Reaction score
I'm worried about damaging the screw. Can the Apple Store help me out or are they not allowed to mess with that kind of thing...

I'm using a #00 phillips screwdriver. All the other screws were easy to take out, but not this last one.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Make an appointment and take your MacBook Pro on in. One note, if it's an older model, Apple will not work on it. You really didn't tell us anything about your Mac, so we can't really advise you accurately.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If it's still covered by Apple care, then by all means make an appointment and take it on in and let the geniuses work on it.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
If all you need is to borrow a screwdriver, you're probably fine, warranty or not. I had to borrow a Torx screwdriver once as I was also having difficulty getting a screw out to add some memory. I walked in, asked to borrow a screwdriver and the genius lent me his (he also walked away - didn't, evidently, care much about me using his tools).

OP
G
Reaction score
Good news. They took it in the back and loosened the screw. A couple guys also helped me replace the ram while I was there.

This is why I love the Apple store, they are so helpful!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.