Will Civilization 2 work on my mac book?

Reaction score
Will Civilization 2 work on my macbook?

hi,
I just got my macbook for Christmas. I'm looking for games, but have always had pcs and don't know much about the rules of macs. Civ II is so much cheaper than Civ 3 (I don't even want civ 4), but I'd heard that my mac book might be too fast for the game or something. So, is that true? Anyway, thanks for any replies.
Theison:headphone

p.s. If anyone owns civ 2 or civ 3, mind sharing your experiences? I really liked the Caesar games on the pc, so will I like this or is it completely different?

OP
T
Reaction score
hi,
I just got my macbook for Christmas. I'm looking for games, but have always had pcs and don't know much about the rules of macs. Civ II is so much cheaper than Civ 3 (I don't even want civ 4), but I'd heard that my mac book might be too fast for the game or something. So, is that true? Anyway, thanks for any replies.
Theison :headphone

p.s. If anyone owns civ 2 or civ 3, mind sharing your experiences? I really liked the Caesar games on the pc, so will I like this or is it completely different?

Reaction score
These are the Minimum System Requirements for Civ II on a Mac:

PowerPC
Mac OS 7.5.3 or later
10 MB RAM
CD-ROM drive
Color monitor
Open transport required for multiplayer option

Do you have a mac version of the game? It's pretty old and I doubt many places other than eBay have it in stock. If you do, It might play on an Intel based mac, I know Civ 3 played on my MBP even though it was originally designed for PowerPC, but it didn't play well.

OP
T
Reaction score
well yeah, lol, it's a mac version I'm thinking of getting. I found one but i just want to know if it'll work.

Reaction score
ok, i just thought that you didn't know about that since you said that you "don't know much about the rules of macs"...sry I couldnt answer your question better, I'm pretty new to mac but I play alot of games, Civ 2 is a little b4 my time in the gaming world as is Mac OS 7...

OP
T
Reaction score
"before my time" too. I'm only 18. But I don't like the idea of paying 40 dollars, or 35 dollars used for civ 3. I'd definitely prefer it, but that's too rich for my preferences. I don't know, maybe i'll just have to wait or something.

Reaction score
you cant play classic games on osx. youd have to get civilization 4

Reaction score
yea, I'm 18 too...I started out playing Civ 3 tho...i got a copy of Civ 2 for about $3 once and I couldnt get passed how bad it seemed compared to Civ 3....but i understand not wanting to spend alot on civ 3 or 4..i did and it wa a huge mistake...i ended up just installing windows on my mac using bootcamp so i could play all the PC games I already had...and it all works way better than they did on mac osx...

OP
T
Reaction score
I could get civ 3 though right? that one person said i'd have to get number 4, but civ 3 is still being sold new by amazon and it doesn't look that old.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
Civ 3 works really well. you dont even noyice its a ppc app!!

OP
T
Reaction score
um, yeah, about that. Why is that cross posting? I didn't post it anywhere else or see it anywhere else...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
um, yeah, about that. Why is that cross posting? I didn't post it anywhere else or see it anywhere else...
Yes, you did. You posted the same exact post in two forums, or cross posted. You won't see it anywhere else now, because I merged the threads. Now you can see that the first two posts in this thread are yours and they are exactly the same.

OP
T
Reaction score
oh ok i see it now. the reason i didn't count it is b/c no one answered it and i thought it must've been in the wrong section or thread, that it needed its own so the right people would see it. I don't know how to delete a post i did in answer to someone else's thread so i didn't know how to take it off

Reaction score
not sure about macbooks but ive been playing Civ3 on my iBook G4 for ages now and it runs great

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Civ2 Gold ?

I see that there is a CIV2 GOLD patch for Mac OSX

I just can't find the program itself.

Does anyone know where I can get Civ2 Gold for the Mac?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.