wifi

Reaction score
I have a Mac Book Pro 2008 with the latest Snow leopard OS in it, my wife has a PC (Windows 7) when we are on the road camping in our RV we hit various wifi hot spots and consistently when I try to log on from just about any distance my list of wifi connections available is just about about nil and hers will list all the ones available. If I am lucky enough to log on it usually drops out and I loose the signal while my wifes PC just keeps on ticken. It's so frustrating now that I don't even bother to try to log on I use her computer instead. When I am at home I have no problems with our wifi. Is there some setting I have changed by mistake or a glich in the system I don't know about. Bottom line is , the PC kicks my Macs butt every time ...........G

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Probably not a setting that's causing it. Your MBP antenna and airport might not be up to par but it could also be that your wife's PC has better WiFi capabilities than your machine. Since your MBP works OK at home, I suspect that's the reason.

OP
G
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that I'm a dinosaur when it comes to computers , also I used to be a PC guy but have moved on to Mac, so I have to ask , what is " MBP ", and how do I check it out, or is it a service call to Mac ?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sorry about the abbreviation. MBP stands for MacBook Pro. No service call to Apple required as long as your machine functions OK at home on your wireless network.

OP
G
Reaction score
Is there any way to improve its performance on the road without spending a pile of dough, portable antenna device etc. ?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.