Wifi Router for PC that would work with Macbook Pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" / 2.16 GHz / 1GBRAM / 120GB HD
I have very little knowledge of networking , just connected my Macbook Pro to my PC through ethernet few times.

Now I am looking for a Wifi Router for my PC so that I can access files and internet through my Macbook Pro. I would like some recommendations for a suitable Wifi Router. Please don't recommend "just released" products, as I have trouble buying those at my place.

Also, anything that I would keep in mind etc. should be appreciated.

Thanks.

Reaction score
There aren't really Windows, Linux, or Mac routers, they should all work with just about any modern OS. I would suggest looking at the Linksys WRT54G. They have been out for awhile and Linksys is a great brand.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15.4 core2duo 2.16 2gb
dont get an smc router, im having trouble with mine, ive got an mbp and it simply wont connect to that wifi router, a linksys or netgear would be a good choice, or u can always get an airport extreme. and enable ur wireless-n capabilities on ur mbp :) goodluck

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" / 2.16 GHz / 1GBRAM / 120GB HD
Ok, I'll have a look for it.Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
I'll second the WRT54G suggestion. A lot of people on this forum have them and they're very reliable. If you want something more hardcore, you can install OpenWRT on them and have a full linux based hardware router in a WRT54G box.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
There aren't really Windows, Linux, or Mac routers, they should all work with just about any modern OS. I would suggest looking at the Linksys WRT54G. They have been out for awhile and Linksys is a great brand.

Very good router. Have 2 here. Never an issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 2Ghz 768M RAM
Another vote for the WRT54G.
I have 1 pc, 1 laptop and my MacBook all going through it without issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i-mac dual-core 2.16Ghz 24inch, Macbook 2.4Ghz alu, 27" iMac Core 2 Duo 3.06Ghz
I also had problems with a SMC router connected to 2 i-macs and 2 windos machines (failing connections. weak signal). Have now changed to a netgear WGR614 and all my problems have disappeared.

Reaction score
Apple AirPort Extreme (clicky) works great with both Macs and PCs. Mine is connected to a MBP and multiple PC notebooks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.