Why wont Apple ship my iBook?

G

gt123

Hi,

I ordered a 12" iBook from Apple (UK) on Saturday 5th March, i was told it would ship by the 10th (Yesterday) but i've had no shipping notification. I've also had no notification of any delays.

Whenever i call Apple i just get told that it had a delivery number assigned to it (which it has since the 8th) and should have been sent before midnight last night (10th), but other than that they don't seem very willing to help me or tell me what is happening.

Has anyone had this happen to them before? Should i just cancel my order (apparently they need to e-mail their "escalation team" just to cancel it)?

Thanks,

GT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
are you able to find any information out through the company that is doing the actual shipping of your ibook? What is the status of your order; is it actually shipped?

OP
G

gt123

BigBear said:
are you able to find any information out through the company that is doing the actual shipping of your ibook? What is the status of your order; is it actually shipped?

I don't know because although a delivery number has been assigned i have not been given it. Should i call them and ask for the delivery number?

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Did you get any emails from Apple regarding your order? The shipping number might be within one of those emails. I'm sure, if you type in the order number on Apple UK website; you might be able to get a tracking number.

Try this:
http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/ukstore/

Near the top, click on "Order Status", it's in the bar across the top.

OP
G

gt123

iWhat said:
Did you get any emails from Apple regarding your order? The shipping number might be within one of those emails. I'm sure, if you type in the order number on Apple UK website; you might be able to get a tracking number.

Try this:
http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/ukstore/

Near the top, click on "Order Status", it's in the bar across the top.

I called Apple and got the delivery number and entered it at http://www.apecode.com/appletrack/ , apparently it has left Apple and is with a courier in Shanghai.

OP
J

Julian Dawson

Hi

I have just recieved delivery of my new ibook (UK). I also contacted apple over shipping, They confirmed the status of shipped just meant it had left the factory. It was then quoted as another ten days before i should get it. It then went into a black hole until it reached the local TNT Hub. From that point however it arrived virtually next day, 7 days ahead of apples new lead time.

My advice, call the carrier, this information will be available via apple. I found apple helpful at every stage, i only contacted them via e-mail, but their replys were prompt and detailed.

cheers

OP
G

gt123

Julian Dawson said:
Hi

I have just recieved delivery of my new ibook (UK). I also contacted apple over shipping, They confirmed the status of shipped just meant it had left the factory. It was then quoted as another ten days before i should get it. It then went into a black hole until it reached the local TNT Hub. From that point however it arrived virtually next day, 7 days ahead of apples new lead time.

My advice, call the carrier, this information will be available via apple. I found apple helpful at every stage, i only contacted them via e-mail, but their replys were prompt and detailed.

cheers

My iBook arrived in Luxembourg today (about 3pm), i called Apple and they said it would be sent to Holland which is where TNT would collect it and then deliver it to me in the UK.

Does anyone have any idea how long this process should take?

OP
I

iDVFH.

It depends on what day it is..it should get to you by the middle of the week..

OP
T

titan0111

Well...I ordered my PB on 3rd...

then I went to Apple's web site to see when it will be sent out...

and it's saying it will be shipped on 21st.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.