Reaction score
I recently bought a MBP..

2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
1440 x 900 pixels
2GB memory
120GB hard drive1
6x double-layer SuperDrive
ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 graphics with 256MB SDRAM

I installed boot camp and i am running windows xp.....
I installed Half life 2... It runs perfectly.....On the highest video settings..
I Installed Battlefield 2...In runs perfectly...
I have realized the only time i use windows is to play games... I love OS x it just works.... No freezing...NO blue screens....
I have never had a computer that works all the time....Even brand new PC's always had weird quirks to them... THis just works.. Thanks for all of your tips.. I have never been so happy with a computer...

Thanks!

PG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP Core2 Duo, 2.33MHZ, 160GB HD, 2GB RAM, ATI X1600 256 MB
Glad you're enjoying it!

I decided over the weekend to put some games on my boot camp partition - Painkiller works perfectly. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is a little choppy, but I'm still getting used to it - not sure I like the game at all, actually. Doom 3 is great also.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.16ghz, 2GB RAM, 160gb HDD
just got my MBP today :D really excited :D now installing the must have programs (photoshop/aperture/etc...) yay! its really awesome :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Paul836, welcome to Mac Forums and welcome to the Mac experience! By and large, they really DO live up to the hype - they just work! I'm certainly loving mine! I hope you continue to be very happy with yours for a long time to come.

Don't hesitate to post back in these forums if you have ANY questions. You will find us to be a very helpful bunch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.16Ghz Core 2 Duo 1GB RAM (default spec) ~ First Mac...Very happy with it!!
BF2 works?!?! Wooo!!

I bought BF2 a few years ago....it worked for a few months then decided to crash the pc every time I tried playing it.

I've gotta visualize this now....BF2 + Harrier + 24" HD iMac

*droolz*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM, 160GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm, SuperDrive 6x
Don't you have some heat problems, running a game like that on a laptop? I would be scared of melting my motherboard or somethin lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.33GHz, 3GB RAM, 250GB HDD, OS X Leopard
Welcome Paul. I just got my Macbook 2 days ago and I'm loving it.

Reaction score
Welcome aboard.
Good to hear the games are running well on the machine. I'll definitely want to play a few games through Windows on Boot Camp and it's good to hear they're running quite smoothly.

Reaction score
Yup I am starting to love my'n too. Just got it delivered yesterday and so far I have XP installed using Bootcamp. I'll be loading up all the games on it tonight that I couldn't play at full res on my old PC. We'll have to see how much of a difference it is to use MBP with Battlefield2, C&C3 and some other graphics intensive games.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.