• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Why CHINAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA??!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Hello Folks,

The few that read my few threads on this forum already know that I ordered my Black MacBook :black: a little over 50 Hrs ago... and it just shipped today, but WHY do they ship from China that too freaking far, I was my MACBOOK, I feel like every second spent on this Windows Labtop is draining the the sanity left in me :bomb:

And just to tease me, I just recieved my Parallels Desktop Software.

Well, anyways just wanted to Vent out a bit, thanks for reading. :yinyang:

Cheers, and have Enjoy your Weekend

Reaction score
Yeah waiting is a drag. But I hope I don't have to actually explain why it's coming from China, do I :- ?

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No No... I understand why.

Again, I was just Venting thats all.

and I appreciate that you listen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
hmmm china huh? lol we all have to wait for the long shipping distance, but you will actually be surprised to know that it makes it to alaska quite quickly, but then it takes for ever from there.

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, I did pay the extra $18 for the Expedited shipping, so will see how it goes. I just can't take working on PCs anymore while am at home at least, they just drive me nutss !!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Yeah, I ordered mine refurb. It was the longest week and a half of my life. It is WELL worth it.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Same thing with my newest iPod - came straight from Shanghai, but made it to my door step in less than 3 days.

Dell manufacturers all of their laptops in Malaysia - I guess it's just a sign of the times.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
I guess it's just a sign of the times.

And the reason they are as cheap as they are. Imagine how much they would cost if they were manufactured in the U.S.

Reaction score
Week and a half... my glutes! I had to wait 4 weeks for my iMac because I was being problematic and wanted an English OSX with a German keyboard. Aaaand I wanted a bigger hard drive, so the thing came from Shanghai and was sitting in Holland for about a week.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
Patience is a virtue long lost. But those who seek it, and those who have it, seem to enjoy life better. Something I picked up through my experiences.
Or maybe it was something I blurbed out after a night of slamming a couple down and talking to a bar tender named Alfred.
Regardless, don't drink and drive...

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Man...

Thanks everybody for sharing. Well the latest news is min is in INDIANAPOLIS, IN, so hopefully all goes well and should be here Monday, Tuesday the latest.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2G
I ordered my MacBook on a Saturday and got it at noon the following Wednesday. It showed up in Indy early Wednesday morning and then arrived here in AZ that afternoon. Slower than I wanted, and faster than I expected.

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, I hope am as lucky as u are. it has to come all the way to the South East, Wilmington, NC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
I ordered my MacBook with the 2 gig upgrade and it shipped from California. What's with Macs coming straight from China lately?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
I ordered my MacBook with the 2 gig upgrade and it shipped from California. What's with Macs coming straight from China lately?

i think that is where all mac products are made, at least the non-software ones.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
china = cheap - for apple

next time buy it from an apple store ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67ghz, Macbook Intel Core Duo 1.86ghz
china = cheap - for apple

next time buy it from an apple store ?

But all apple stuff is made in china/thailand/korea/vietname anyway, just saves apple on shipping costs methinks.

Reaction score
And not only does it come from China - but the first 1000 miles is by bicycle. :yinyang: :yinyang:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.