Who's still going to wait?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2ghz SR!
"We now plan to show our developers a near final version of Leopard at the conference, give them a beta copy to take home so they can do their final testing, and ship Leopard in October."

October is a long way to go. Who's still going to wait? And whose plans have changed?

I'm a little confused myself now... :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
I think the only people who's plans have changed are those waiting on Leopard in terms of buying new hardware. I really couldn't care less about Leopard being delayed, Tiger runs beautifully for me. :)

Reaction score
"We now plan to show our developers a near final version of Leopard at the conference, give them a beta copy to take home so they can do their final testing, and ship Leopard in October."

October is a long way to go. Who's still going to wait? And whose plans have changed?

I'm a little confused myself now... :(

I had already decided not to wait and picked up a (less then half price) copy of Tiger from yourmacstore.com.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I think I will continue to defer my decision to buy a MacBook Pro for now. I don't REALLY need it, and I wanted Leopard on it. Sigh...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
I planned on waiting for 10.5.1 anyway before upgrading, and I probably still will. Unless there is something seriously big in Leopard that I need or want then there won't be any reason to jump in. If I were buying a Mac now then I'd wait until June to see if the rumoured new iMacs appear, but Leopard wouldn't bother me enough to wait.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
i dont really see why so many people are waiting....it only costs like 100 bucks anyway. wud u be parted from ur mac for 6 months if somebody gave u $100!?
im not even sure i want leopard. Time machine destroys the whole point of the trash. why delete anything if its not really being deleted?? iChat's new features are cool but useless. I already have like 10 webclip widgets using DashClipping, and find absolutely no need for spaces. for me, Tiger is just fine.
p.s. i also like the brushed metal theme! im not ready to part with that!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
p.s. i also like the brushed metal theme! im not ready to part with that!!

I felt the same way when I was compemplating upgrading my old mac from Jaguar to Panther. I really liked 10.2's UI. I still like it in some ways compared to the 10.3/10.4 one. But I changed over and I never looked back. It looks great. It's just different, that's all. And I think the Tiger UI will be different too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
I was waiting...couldn't wait any longer and now I have MBP with Tiger which is so far above the Windows PC I was using that the switch was easy. Being an early adopter i will get Leopard in October, but until then TIGER RULES

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.