• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Who will be the next CEO of Apple?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
Steve Jobs has had a great run at Apple...but when his time is done (it hurts, but that day is coming) who will take over for him? it could be anybody, a big shot at apple, another company, or one of us at Mac-Forums! (cough MHC cough)...Post ur thoughts. :miner:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Steve will be here for a long time to come.

M

MacHeadCase

Steve Jobs has had a great run at Apple...but when his time is done (it hurts, but that day is coming) who will take over for him? it could be anybody, a big shot at apple, another company, or one of us at Mac-Forums! (cough MHC cough)...Post ur thoughts. :miner:

LOL

I could do with the pay! And whooh! My own private jet! But I'd hate doing keynotes so *sigh* guess it'll have to be someone else.

I really don't know who can follow an act such as His Steveness's, I mean the guy is soooo HUGE, you know? And going for the wrong CEO is catastrophic: just look at the John Sculley or Gil Amelio eras at Apple's!

Reaction score
The person's character would narrow the field if it's up to Jobs to name his successor.

Hmm . . . a geek, a vegan, physically fit, probably a Democrat, somewhat naive because anyone under 35 who still wants to change the world and thinks it will happen is (Jobs certainly was), unsentimental — the Cube is dead! I want to tear down my historical, landmark house! — with an acumen for business, keen insight into marketing and possessing the knowledge of what people want before the product exists, a perfectionist possessing the dictatorial powers of a czar, a reality-distortion field so strong that people want to obey and an invisible sign hanging around his neck saying "I'm cool."

I dunno. A hippie Vulcan?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

it will be interesting to see how apple does when jobs leaves.. the first time he left apple went down the toilet in my opinion.

M

MacHeadCase

Browny, don't forget that Jobs asked Sculley to join Apple. I guess he didn't know there would be a coup to dislodge him and chase him away though...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Reaction score
Browny, don't forget that Jobs asked Sculley to join Apple. I guess he didn't know there would be a coup to dislodge him and chase him away though...
Yeah, he was naive, especially when he allegedly told the board it was Scully or him.

But the naivety is a requirement because without it, at least at first, we'd still be living in caves.

(And allegedly, because I'm not naive enough to believe everything I read.) :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
files

Because he works rearry hard, and makes up great prans.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
My prediction.... Johnny Ive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
^_^ Brilliant suggestion TheCustomer! :D

~~ TS ~~

M

MacHeadCase

Ooh! Jonathan!... now there's an idea!

But do you think he has the charisma? Jobs is such a tough act to follow... :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
M

MacHeadCase

Interesting. Thanks for the link.

He seems quite at ease in front of a camera. I had read he is a really really shy guy and hates getting into the spotlight.

I don't think Apple would be dismissing him simply because he is a Brit though. At least I sure don't hope they close doors to the right man (or woman) because of such a reason.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67ghz, Macbook Intel Core Duo 1.86ghz
I seriously doubt Ives would take over. He's reknown for being the shyest and most understated person at apple. He almost never appears on publicity (only the iphone for a teeny phone call and the G5 promotional thing) either. I think steve has a good decade to go, maybe more. Even when he leaves, he'll stay on the board of directors, so will still have a big say in the goings on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.