• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Who can win the future: Apple or Microsoft?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Microsoft has set up Microsoft Research in several countries and hired a lot of brilliant researchers to conduct cutting-age research for Microsoft's future in a variety of areas. Every year a lot of research fruits get incorporated into their products.

Besiege by Microsoft's huge efforts and advancement , what is Apple's answer? What provides Apple the momentum to still be able to make the best products in the future?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
i don't really think one company will win out...they are both monumental companies that will be around for a while, and can coexist peacefully. They target different markets, and make very different products. The world will never be completely Mac or completely PC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4, 1.5GB RAM, 1.42Ghz, 14"
Competition is what keeps the market turning. If one quit, then prices would go through the roof because there would be no reason to keep them down. Just based purely on number of users and fans, I think Microsoft would win that battle.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
For a first post, this one reeks of a troll. Considering the response by the poster above me, the impression is reinforced. He is simply another anti-Apple bigot who will take chance to bash no matter what it is. I often wonder why he is even here.

Microsoft has Customers, not fans. Apple has both.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Agreed, Baggss. :batman:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4, 1.5GB RAM, 1.42Ghz, 14"
For a first post, this one reeks of a troll. Considering the response by the poster above me, the impression is reinforced. He is simply another anti-Apple bigot who will take chance to bash no matter what it is. I often wonder why he is even here.

Microsoft has Customers, not fans. Apple has both.

Asking a question or opinion is trolling???? ;) Considering I have not broken any rules, I have just as much right to the board as you do. :) :)

And for the record, I'm a fan of Microsoft, and used to be a fan of Apple until I owned one for a while. I like their hardware, it's top-notch, but I just feel as if the OS is lacking.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Asking a question like that on your first post in a forum like this is most certainly trolling. If you're no longer a fan, why are you still here? This board is for people who are fans of the Mac, not ones who "used to be". As such, you will find your so called "rights" may be a bit more limited or at least certainly less tolerated. If you want to participate then do so, but your consistent bashing and anti-Apple attitude are not particularly welcome here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Microsoft has set up Microsoft Research in several countries and hired a lot of brilliant researchers to conduct cutting-age research for Microsoft's future in a variety of areas. Every year a lot of research fruits get incorporated into their products.

Besiege by Microsoft's huge efforts and advancement , what is Apple's answer? What provides Apple the momentum to still be able to make the best products in the future?

er... well looking at Apple's track record, they already do this, so it is MS that is trying to catch up.

BTW, your post contains several subjective value judgements about what MS is doing... are you aware of that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread since it aparently will not be anything productive.

I would emphasize, that if you are not here because you like Apple or OS X, then this is probably not the best place for you to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.